First time grower, buds look super thin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First time grower, buds look super thin

Hi, this is my first grow. The strain is white widow regular, plant is in my balcony, sunlight hours are 12. Temp ranges from 15-35 degree celcius. Adding npk from time to time. Pls suggest a way to improve bud density or is it too early . Its day 62 of planting. Plant height is 5 feet.

More intense light. It’s not getting the desired light it needs.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Nice palm and yes those need more intense light
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Also the 35C is a bit on the warm side
        Is that 12 hours of direct sunlight?
        Edit What are you feeding her? What is the NPK of it? At this stage drop the N. Maybe feed her some black strap molasses. /Edit

Comment

• Disjointedcouple
          Disjointedcouple commented
          Editing a comment
          Im using 19-19-19 npk, balcony had direct sunlight for approx 6 hrs and indirect for 6, shifting it to the roof where its breezy and direct sunlight. Can it still improve ?

Looks pretty early into flower. Give it time and what other people said more intense light and temps may be to hot. How is airflow on that balcony? Maybe get a fan for when it's hot.
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Disjointedcouple
          Disjointedcouple commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it supposed to look like this in early flower stage. Havent seen any plants like this online so got concerned.

Honestly I don't think your gonna yield much off of her. Inadequate lighting isn't helping anything.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

From the looks of the soil in your pot you have more than a problem with enough light. It looks like you're growing in adobe mud. See how the soil is pulling back from the sides of your container? Roots need to breath and your soil looks really dense, not allowing oxygen to penetrate when you water. This is why most container growers use lots of compost, sand, and perlite in their mixture. I have no way of being certain but based on what I can see from the photo the soil looks heavy and dense.

Comment

Better tie it to a pole it will blow that plant around and break it. Ain't so easy as others tell you without proper light, soil and enviornment you have to make changes else you will get the same problems again.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I only have one suggestion for you but it is critical. Go read all the tutorials on GWE main site. If you think you already did, then go read them again...and again. I've been here only 4 months and having a good result on my grow. This is due to my studying the tutorials for two months before coming to the forum or planting a seed. I still refer back almost every day to clarify some point. Then with a mind full of info, come here with questions about things you don't understand. It's not rocket science but it may make you a scientist. You can't just shove a seed into some dirt and walk away. Your plant has so many health issues but has survived this long as cannabis is a very hardy plant which can give rewards beyond a good smoke with proper knowledge and care. Good luck!
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I too think the soil is too muddy by looking at the pic. the roots need air and muddy soil will suffocate the plant. You have all kinds of problems... bugs, soil, nutrients (19-19-19 is fucked up!) and not enough direct sunlight as well as 35C in direct sunlight is not good for most cannabis strains. At 9 weeks she looks stringy and unless you correct many issues, it won't produce very good buds. Too bad too as white widow is a decent euphoria.
                I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

And not to mention that it's a sativa/ sativa dom. what week of flowering?has it gone through the stretch phase yet?

Comment

Bigger pot with better soil and proper feed (NOT 19-19-19 cow shit would do a better job then this stuff), more light, cooler temps, bug check and prevention/remedy.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X