Two questions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions please

1. What size pots and brand do I use to put soil in to get plants 6 ft tall. I found some on Amazon
    But I don't know which ones to buy. I'm on a kinda tight budget
    ​​​​​​​2. I am posting a picture of the plant in question.
    ​​​​​​​

5 gallon white plastic bucket. The kind molasses comes in or something like that. Drill 3 or 4 holes for drainage and your all set.

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Add rocks to bottom of bucket to help with drainage.

6' tall..? Where are you growing at?

Comment

• Poppylon
      Poppylon commented
      Editing a comment
      2'x8'x80" grow tent. 300w led says it's replaces 450w HID and 1 75w led blub. Using hydro grow nutrients kit 1/4 of what direction says. In organic soil from local store. PH at 6.5 .
      I have a bubble bucket with seedling . Humidity 48 temperature 82. Fan blowing from out side the tent through the vent hole at the bottom. 18/6 lights.
      Thanks

I'm not sure what your situation is, but get your 5 gallon bucket at any hardware store, big or small. They are not that expensive. Less than 5 dollars. Less than 4 dollars even. If you don't have anyway to drill the holes, they would probably even do that for you. Just tell them your growing a palm tree.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniaczzz View Post
      I'm not sure what your situation is, but get your 5 gallon bucket at any hardware store, big or small. They are not that expensive. Less than 5 dollars. Less than 4 dollars even. If you don't have anyway to drill the holes, they would probably even do that for you. Just tell them your growing a palm tree.
      Show them this photo. They will set ya up!

Comment

I have used 5 gallon buckets before. They work good. I have also used cloth smart pots. I prefer the smart pots. They work really well and they don't cost very much. You can find them on eBay or Amazon or something like that. U should look them up and see if they would work for you. Lots of air getting to the roots. Really fast growth

Comment

As far as soil they make a lot of nice soils. I haven't used a lot of the higher end stuff I usually just get the local store brand potting soil and add some perilite. I used fox farms ocean floor once and I really liked it but it was really expensive

Comment

• PuravidaC
            PuravidaC commented
            Editing a comment
            I use FFOF. The first time I got it at a hydroponics store and it was expensive. I found it at a nursery for half the price.

Originally posted by Grower-Aaron View Post
          I have used 5 gallon buckets before. They work good. I have also used cloth smart pots. I prefer the smart pots. They work really well and they don't cost very much. You can find them on eBay or Amazon or something like that. U should look them up and see if they would work for you. Lots of air getting to the roots. Really fast growth
          How do the smart pots work? Do they have a liner or something to keep them from getting wet?

Comment

It's just like a fabric bag. Put soil in and water. the ones I have used don't have a liner. If they did the roots wouldn't get the air

Comment

I used 5 gallon for autos if I were you get 7 or 10 gallon for big plants smart pots worked great

Comment

It's just like a fabric bag. Put soil in and water. the ones I have used don't have a liner. If they did the roots wouldn't get the air
                That makes sense. I know they are popular, just seems messy for some reason. The bags constantly getting wet and soaking up the nutrients, molasses, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Denim View Post
                  I used 5 gallon for autos if I were you get 7 or 10 gallon for big plants smart pots worked great
                  For an 6 ft indoor plant you are probably right. Just don't plan on moving it. For me, the 5 gal buckets are hard enough to move. Slide around a little is about all. I cannot lift them with full grown plants.

Comment

They do get wet when you water for sure but it's not any worse than holes that drain water out in the bottom of a bucket

Comment

I water with pans under the pots then take them out of pans and put back in tent

Comment

• PuravidaC
                        PuravidaC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I got a little elaborate with my set up. I built a low platform, installed a bar sink drain in a pan on top of the platform that drains into a bucket below that can be easily removed to dump runoff. My container goes in the pan and I don't have to remove it. Works great.

They do get wet when you water for sure but it's not any worse than holes that drain water out in the bottom of a bucket
                      Well............ .....All I know it we have a sh*t load of buckets in 2 different sizes from this grow. Got to use them a few more years.

Comment

• PuravidaC
                        PuravidaC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Seen your grow.... You got a "sh*tload" of plants too! 😉

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X