Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Brown spots on leaves [Hydroponics]

Hi all,

I just got in the second month of my grow. Overall besides some little issues, it's going well.

Just trying to figure out why my leaves are turning brown. Not sure if it's getting worse.

Roots are looking perfect. Just did a flush two days ago.

ppm: around 700/750
    pH: been bit high but trying to keep it around 5.9pH.. my pH unit is a bit off, so it shows 6.7 when it's 5.9 (checked with a friend)

Many thanks!

Nutrient:

Epson
    Kristalon orange
    Calcinit
    GHE Calcium Magnesium
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Canname; 04-06-2021, 05:30 AM.

I think you already know this is a PH issue. I dont do hydro, those folks will be here soon.

Comment

Fix your pH and keep an eye on the new growth to make sure it's healthy. The effected leaves won't recover, they'll always have the spots so just make sure the new stuff is growing fine and you should be good.

Comment

Hydro guy here. You should get a reliable ph measuring device to increase your chances of success. Sounds like you let your pH pen dry out.

You need to let the pH get up to 6.2-6.5 to get deal with those spots. Keeping it pegged at 5.9 is no good for nutrient uptake (see charts below). The pH needs to move up and down through the range of 5.5-6.5 during the grow.

i also attached another chart that every hydro grower needs to keep on hand. The info there is tied to the info in my signature block (see below). Using those 2 charts is something that will help you get nice healthy plants.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Canname
          Canname commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you so much for the explanation.. will follow up on your advise!

would you have any advise on when to start the flowering stage? and if i should cut some leaves?

by the way my seeds are: Lemon Shining Silver Haze

Thanks!

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve only grown autos. But i believe most people here will veg their plants for anywhere from 4-8 weeks, depending on their grow style and space. Your plant doesn’t look too sick to switch to flower or to do some trimming.

You will see at the top of the page there is a link in the green bar that says “Growing Basics”. It’s a great place to start for new growers. 👍

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X