So I took the Drive of Shame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
    I bought a candy bar in one despo, was very disappointed with it, claimed 10 doses I ate the whole thing and not even a buzz.
    And here the places are on every corner (and in between), I thought QT had the most stores but despos are way more. They are looking at limits now (so only big money can get in) we'll see how it plays out.
    I like to have the option, but for me it is an option.
    10 doses and not a buzz? That sucks. I hate to say it but I wonder if the producers occasionally short the amount they add to the mix to increase profits. My homegrown is decent and getting better but I’m sure it isn’t as strong as some of the stuff the really experienced people can grow, but my stuff always seems stronger than purchased.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't go back either! Things were still new then also, the homemade stuff I had seen was not the same dose from candy to candy. One may not do anything, and another lay you out. But if you ate 2 you were going to get high somedamnwhere!

Originally posted by DeadlyFruit View Post

10 doses and not a buzz? That sucks. I hate to say it but I wonder if the producers occasionally short the amount they add to the mix to increase profits. My homegrown is decent and getting better but I’m sure it isn’t as strong as some of the stuff the really experienced people can grow, but my stuff always seems stronger than purchased.
    It's ALL about profit. The dispensary products have the harvest date, test date, THC, CBD, yada yada content. I am grateful because it indicates how long THEY allow for curing as well. My Sativa was harvested on February 9th. Final testing February 26th and packaged on March 3rd.

They gotta keep the product moving, regardless whether the trichomes are cloudy/have amber. Strictly business, would be my guess.

It's also why I'm so happy Nebula Haze and Sirius Fourside created GWE and this forum!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      DeadlyFruit what strain do you like in the cannabis CBD?
      It was called CBD Jam from Delicious Seeds. It smelled nice and tasted ok but scraggly looking and I am pretty sure they were the cause of some seedy buds I got in the next few grows, but to be really honest it is possible I triggered the hermies somehow given the problem was biggest in my first few grows. Looked it up on the seed site and it is still for sale. Has 13% CBD and 4%THC.

Comment

Originally posted by BR2K View Post

It's ALL about profit. The dispensary products have the harvest date, test date, THC, CBD, yada yada content. I am grateful because it indicates how long THEY allow for curing as well. My Sativa was harvested on February 9th. Final testing February 26th and packaged on March 3rd.

They gotta keep the product moving, regardless whether the trichomes are cloudy/have amber. Strictly business, would be my guess.

It's also why I'm so happy Nebula Haze and Sirius Fourside created GWE and this forum!
        couldn’t agree more!

By the way - I was really sorry to see you might be moving on, but I have to say that your post drew my attention to your PPP tutorial and that is some seriously impressive plants. My next grow is going to include your training technique.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
          DeadlyFruit commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry BR2K, I mixed you up with BU2B. My bad! I can’t even claim old age on this site!

I've only raised one strain I've bought from a dispensary - Acapulco Gold. The high from the store-bought was decent but doesn't compare to my stash of homegrown, especially when it comes to terpenes. It's possible I used superior genetics, but I would figure that Colorado commercial growers would have used Barney's Farm for AG seed like I did.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
          DeadlyFruit commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not so sure they would use expensive seeds from a big name seed producer like Barney’s farm. I would suspect a big corporate grower is a lot like a smaller seed producer in that they start with a popular seed type and then begin producing their own version of it for a fraction the cost of the original seeds. Feminized seeds aren’t technically hard to create from my reading on the subject (although the only seeds I’ve ever created were accidental 🙂). Could still be decent genetics if they are not cross breeding weirdness into them.

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          True. I forgot Barney's Farm doesn't sell in bulk for commercial grows so they might have been growing a clone from a private grow and she wasn't the best bean in the bag or else they grew a lesser breeder's stuff.

• desertdan
          desertdan commented
          Editing a comment
          More tan likely they used clones of clone of clones and so on. Most commercial growers use clones and they get copier fade.

I made the Drive of Shame again this evening, mainly for Cake Mints pre rolls, these are 36+%. I'm going to finish last week's now, I was hoarding the roach end, it's that good.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh man our homegrown doobies are cherished. Yep we got a roach jar for hard times.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal I wish I was hoarding my own grown. These are really good dispo joints. I do use a tin for My roaches. I'd like to weigh and mark my remaining jars this weekend. Maybe make butter or QWET - rain is forecast for two days, it's raining now. I'm getting my J&J vaccine at 1 pm so I'm either working on my medicine, or taking it and chilling. I took the DoS yesterday to sample sativas for breakthrough pain - Rollins and Jack Herer - and grab Cake Mints for fun. My budtender remarked how awesome they are. Have you grown that indica?

No Puglover1 not tried that cake mints yet, just wedding cake so far. I got 1 more seed of her left. As far a growing her she was my last to harvest and 1 of my lights was bad went longer than she should of gone do to that. Top buds were good solid but below was fluffy. She's curing i'm not sure about the effects yet i've not rolled a single joint of just " her " strain. Now i can and get a better feel for it. All i know is lately with the strains i've grown last harvest they are putting us out LOL which we needed. It's not day time smoke unless you hit it just 1-2 maybe, but we are just evening smokers. I know i smoke less of these right now cause it's potent to us. GG#4, Zkittlez, Tye Dye now wedding cake.

I've bought 1 memorable pre roll 2yrs ago summer in San Diego family wedding. It may of cost $12.00 gram roll but it rocked our socks off. Stayed in Little Italy district and walked the cafes like crazy folks ate gelato till we passed out LOL just kidding.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Drive of Shame: Sampling pre rolls. Black Diamonds 25%, The Soap 30%. The pre rolls are stronger than the 1/8ths, and around the same price per gram.

Comment

Cones of Shame (20% off at the dispensary, stopped after going to the vet)

Black Diamonds, because I forgot I already tried it
            Citral Glue, haven't tried yet
            South Beach - I wish I could bottle the fragrance. Actually, I wish that smell was coming from my closet. Got high 4x from a .5 gram, 30% THC
            Last edited by Puglover1; 07-06-2021, 12:47 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing wrong with alittle different taste now an then. I splurge on a gram pre-roll now an then.

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Budgal, I was searching for something sativa for my knees. The Citral Glue helped last night! I know someone here is growing a bunch of that strain. Growing for medicine, if my Wild Thai has issues growing this might be a backup, buy a few seeds. My budtender yesterday has worked there for a while, she said they're not growing landraces any more, re my Wild Thai. But Mag Landrace is still being grown here, only in IL. I don't understand how after six years a cultivator can't grow Wild Thai without mold issues. You know my luck with growing hybrids, so far. The South Beach though, I'd buy quantity of that batch.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X