Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Plant leaves dropping in fabric pot

Hi everyone,

This is the second time it happens to me. I'm growing my plants in 11L fabric pots, I always have one that start having its leaves to drop. When I analyse the pot, I notice that the roots have pass through it (at the bottom), trying to get out. After I prune them (i only cut the ones that are getting out, from the outside) the plant doesnt show visible signs of getting better. Only if I move them to a bigger pot (and this time I even use plastic) the plant starts to get better after 3-4 days and then it becomes healthy again and ready to produce. Am I doing something wrong? Is it normal that in a fabric pot the plant will also drop when the roots get out? I always thought that with a fabric pot the roots will have more space and there were less space or time to root bound, so I don't need to transplant them.

What are your opinions on this? As it happen to you?

OBS: this has happened in a Feminized Strain and in a Automatic one.

Thanks,

Forgot D Name

forgotDname pictures of issue,whole plant and more information about your setup would be a great help to identify

Comment

• forgotDname
      forgotDname commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Rougge,

Thank you for your prompt response. I don't have any pics currently. My setup is a soil setup, with led and in a grow tent. Humidity always on 50 (i have a dehumidifier) and temperature between 20-24º . Any other plants behave like that (i have more 8) only this one. Everything looked healthy in the plant but the leaves dropping. Now that I have transplanted, everything is actually cool. I just had this major question because the first time I grew the same has happened, now in the 2nd time the same with only one of the plants, so I just want to mitigate any issues like this one in the future.

Do you have risers under those fabric pots?

Comment

• forgotDname
      forgotDname commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the main base for the pot, a square plastic one

Rwise has if figured out forgotDname - you also not only pissed it off big time you hurt her big time - by cutting the roots that were sticking out that shouldn't have been there in the first place cuz you have to have it lifted up a bit. That way the airflow underneath will prune the roots.

Only got one question - Were any roots growing out of the sides? That should have been your first clue.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• forgotDname
      forgotDname commented
      Editing a comment
      well, the plant is on a plastic base, shouldnt be like that? or you mean to have other type of structure to sustain the pot? weird thing is that only happens with one of 9, the other 8 are cool. the roots were only growing out from the bottom, never the sides

Rwise and Canuck147 nailed it. Put some gravel in your saucer to allow air access and natural root pruning. I also put an inch of pea gravel in my bags before I fill them for the same reason Another thing which I have already written 4 times today alone. Click on your avatar taking you to to your profile then click account and scroll down to signature and click the box. Now you can enter your grow specs and save them at the bottom of each of your posts. A time saver for all of us. Welcome and good luck!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      dphipps1020 how many times have you thought or said I wish these people would give some info with their question or pic? Giant photos use a lot more data and scrolling time than grow specs. Put them in small and let us enlarge if we want to see up close.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      If they want good help, they should be giving as much information as they can to begin with. I hate scrolling past a page full of grow specs just to get to the point of the post. Maybe that's just me

• forgotDname
      forgotDname commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you so much TOKABIGONE. for further growings I'll put some gravel, you gave me an interesting idea, never thought about it! Also, i'll update my signature, that way seems quite easier for more experienced guys to help a brother out! Thank you so much once again!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X