Need some advice / help with Hydro issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice / help with Hydro issue

Planted Feb 23 Feminized. Using a Cloudponics box, maintaining avg 6.4 PH, feeding grow and bloom. Fan is on and temp stays around 80. Haven't experience this issue before. Issue started a week ago, have stopped all additives just pushing water now and I use distilled.
    Thoughts? Help...

Hey Drock, maybe someone more experienced will chime in, but I have a couple thoughts. First thing I noticed was that you are maintaining a steady PH level. Hydro should range between 5.5 and 6.5 because the plant can't take in certain nutrients at certain levels. The chart below from YYCannabis will explain. You should let the PH range throughout the entire range so the plant can take in all nutrients.
    How do your roots Look? are they white, or brown and all tangled up. If it's the latter then you have root rot which causes all kinds of problems. That can be fixed with HYdro Gaurd and making sure that no light is getting into your nutrients. Here is a good link from GWE that is also very helpful. Looks like it could be a combination of things.

Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...

Attached Files

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Drock, I agree, the pH needs to fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5 to allow the uptake of the different nutriments. Also, the ambient room temperature should be around 75° F and the water temperature should be between 64° F and 70° F.

It is also possible it was over fed. I see some clawing leafs which are a sign on nitrogen toxicity. What ppm are you running? Also with distilled water you should be adding cal/mag.

Comment

Hey there Drock. Ya...we need some more vitals...temp/humidity/pH/lights and plant strain (photo or auto), as well as list of what you are feeding her (nutes and additives). If you are using distilled water, you will need to add cal/mag and tap water when making a solution mix.

What do the roots look like? (Pics help a lot)
      What is the temp of the reservoir?
      Are you adding something to prevent root rot? (You should be)
      Do you let the pH move between 5.5-6.5? (You should be)

See my signature area for more info about hydro. thesprinklerguy already gave you a great chart to have handy. I’ll attach another one below which helps to tie all the hydro info together.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Drock
        Drock commented
        Editing a comment
        I added a few more details and posted more pics. I replied to another on the root rot and believe that is culprit that started it. That and tempo water being too high was the "blend". I am working on Hydroguard now. Thank you so much for your comments.

OK, so, this is the fourth grow in the box, the first two were using the Cloudponics control box but then they closed and no more support so I have rigged up systems to check and balance. I keep the room between 70 and 80 degrees, we just had a cold snap so I use a small propane heater for the room with a thermostat. Inside the box when the lights on currently running 18/6 it averages 80 degrees. My prior grows, by now the roots were growing into the water box but these are just now, appear to be coming through. Maybe they cant and thats an issue(?). The 4 plants are drinking about 1 gallon a day. I have always used distilled, same brand since started, just felt was more pure. At this reply, the water tank was up at 87 degrees. I had unplugged it but with the 28 degree days we had recently, I plugged back in. I have a humidifier in room. I am also growing started tomatoes and stuff on shelf under light for the garden and they are doing well at 18 days.I use flor product sand the only not pictured is the "green" grow formula. The PH fluctuates from 5.6 up to 6.8 and I usually don't have to do too much, sometimes raise it and that can be just adding straight water no food. I have been feeding by the chart included. In this photo, I see my conductivity is not reading. This time I sent all plants and as you see the one I showed is the early sign one and the ones in front are feminized blue ice. I truly appreciate the replies so far. Please advise if you require additional information.

Comment

These are how they looked on May 20th....you can see there was some leaves with issues but it spread fast....

Also, I pulled one of the blue ice and planted into an old phototron and it looks good, better actually but it also has early leaf signs..

Comment

So I'm going to add something here. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to share my thoughts about what I see so far.

So first, your water temperature is too high to not be adding Hydroguard, or something similar (already been mentioned). It will help to prevent root rot in warmer temperatures.

Second I noticed the small roots, which you mentioned already. That leads me to believe you already had root rot and didn't know it and the roots are just now healing and growing again.

Third is the dark color and stunted growth of your plant. That tells me you're trying to feed like normal and not taking into account that they will drink more when it's hot. You actually want to lower your nutrients a little bit to prevent over feeding. I'd start half strength with light veg nutrients first and if they respond well, up it to aggressive veg ratios (half strength to start). The bottles should have the feed ratios on the label somewhere, if not you can pull it off the website I'm sure.

PH has already been addressed so I think you're good there. Otherwise I'd just try and get that temperature down for now. You have fans and exhaust right? If you can leave the tent flaps open part of the way when lights are on, that helps too. If not, I've started opening just the bottom zipper on mine and it's pretty effective and doesn't let a lot of light out. Hoping that helps. I'll go back through and see if I missed anything and edit if necessary.
          Last edited by dphipps1020; 04-04-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Drock
            Drock commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, after yours and the others, I am convinced on the root rot and I hadn't ever addressed that, I will get Hydroguard asap. Many thanks again

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Any time, I hope it helps. Happy growing!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X