No announcement yet.

Autoflower training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NL runt I could only pull two little branches out for light, flowers are developing but it's staying Short. Lemon I have 4 hard wires pulling bud sites out for light, and tucking leaves. I FIMMED it the day the cat attacked the other NL, Chewy, topped early by the cat it's still pliable. I removed some bottom leaves nothing touching soil, I have hard wire on 2 sets of branches . The new tops are uneven, I pulled them open for light and to show the cat's work. It seems to have the best potential just not sure what to do with it next.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• HobbitGDF
      HobbitGDF commented
      Editing a comment
      looks like the original lowrider i seen in a book

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      HobbitGDF Lemon is Lowryder #2 x Lemon skunk but the Ruderalis in my NL was quite dominant, it seems. Chopped, trimmed but haven't measured its height, with stem it was 4 inches last I checked while it was still 'growing'. It's in a black paper bag hanging in my closet with a mini humidifier under it but it's drying fast, all in one little piece.

took one down yesterday. like 90% cloudy trichomes so i thought it would be okay. i am waiting a little longer for the other 3. i want more amber
    Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1242.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	521.8 KB
ID:	519901Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1250.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	519895Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1245.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	622.1 KB
ID:	519896Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1248.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	669.2 KB
ID:	519897Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1247.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	585.4 KB
ID:	519898Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1252.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	898.2 KB
ID:	519899Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1260.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	825.8 KB
ID:	519902Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1256.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	828.4 KB
ID:	519900
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

Comment

Decided autos outdoors will be my summer grow this year. I already have one GSC auto outside that’s 2wks old. Just popped 2 more and a Fastberry auto, have them under humidity domes on the deck. Using 3 gallon pots, hope they big enough. For all GSC’s I’m using FFOF mixed with perlite and I’ll be using the trio line of nutes. Planned on using FFOF for all four plants but ran out so the Fastberry turned into an experiment 🤓 For it I’m using (eye roll time) Miracle Grow Organic soil mixed with perlite and I’m going to only use water straight from the hose. Comes out at 7.0ph here at 40ppm

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too. Normally wouldn’t use it but I already soaked the seed and thought I had more OF than I did. If this works, miracle grow and straight water it’ll be easy.

• newbutoldgrower75
        newbutoldgrower75 commented
        Editing a comment
        bboyfromwayback I read your comment..I sit down and re-read your comment. Still cant believe you used the MG words.. shock is a understatement. lol just joking buddy. Good luck with your grow, also look forward to seeing more of the outdoor grow.
        Also want to take the chance to thank you for that comment a little while ago on one of my posts..something about getting more experience quicker by growing more plants. I'm about to start up a second tent, first Auto grow. Seeds are germinating as I write this. Thanks buddy for that bit of advice, and all the help you have given me. Cheers.

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Good deal man! Nothing beats personal experience you know 😉 yea normally I would never use MG, I don’t even use it with my vegetables but the wife had planted some flowers and it was all I had without going to the store. Surprisingly she’s looking great, nothing but water from the hose or sky so far.

i have been spraying a mimosa evo by B.F. clone of mine with colloidal silver. ive tried only spraying single branch on certain ones (my autos) and it hasnt worked, but spraying this photoperiod clone (the whole plant got sprayed) 2-4x a day. for few weeks now.

anyway, i dont have any plants young enough in flower to pollenate. BESIDES my Strawberry pie auto by F.B.

im so excited for this cross. ive wanted to do it with these two anyway.

so right now i have 2 strawberry pie autos that have a long enough life left that i could pollenate them both with the mimosa evo..
      if the mimosa evo pops soon that is. if not im going to have to wait for the next batch.

does anyone know how long at this point till the pop open or what i should do ?

Name:	101_1299.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	460.3 KB
ID:	520102Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1306.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	877.0 KB
ID:	520103Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1310.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	873.9 KB
ID:	520104Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1300.JPG
Size:	829.7 KB
ID:	520105Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1315.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	811.9 KB
ID:	520106Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1308.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	858.9 KB
ID:	520107
      4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
      1x Slapz
      1x Quikz
      2x red runtz
      1x flo-see
      1x 2B blunt
      1x persian pie

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't help - never had that experience.

• grouchyoldman
        grouchyoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd wait until they actually pop and start spraying pollen.

I foolishly cut two Lowryder2 x La Diva before their balls popped and they failed to produce any pollen as they dried. I was afraid to let them mature because I had other females in close proximity. They looked about like yours when I chopped.

• HobbitGDF
        HobbitGDF commented
        Editing a comment
        they havent opened yet but there are more pods now. ive been looking at pictures and trying to see what they look like pre and post pop.

they be getting close.... im excited. my strawberry pie auto is on like wk2 flower (wk6) so i need them pollen sacs to open now so i can knock her up.
        i will only try to pollinate one branch of each SP. 2 different phenos (one tall one bushy).
        hopefully the babies strawberry mimosa evo pie FAST? ones 30% and 26% thc so hopefully the offspring will be in upper 20s-30

It looks like some of them might open in another day or two.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Here is the Northern lights auto that was curled around. Also the runt.

​​​​​​​
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Catfish22
          Catfish22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, nice buds...good number of them too. Bet she's getting stinky

• Dannyboy58
          Dannyboy58 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wish I could see the photos. They pop open then the screen just gets dark. How old are they now? My NL autos are 2 weeks into flower.

Here is the Auto 00 Kush that went to 12/12. Week 2 flower. It was topped.
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Still stretching?

• Catfish22
          Catfish22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Like a weed.

• Catfish22
          Catfish22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I should have put a net across it. Some of the branches are going to need support. I suppose I should order some yoyos!

Saturday evening I set the pots on top of basins to see if closer lights would help. Yesterday the nephew came over to install the new ceiling exhaust fan, when I opened the box a broken piece of plastic fell out first so I'm waiting on another fan to arrive. He lowered the lights with some heavy duty s/s 'S' hooks I have, 3-4" long. Keeping the house AC set at 70 to keep the closet at 80F max. I got some plant training hooks, I want to keep Chewy laid out. I removed some leaves from Lemon. The runt is still stacking buds all around the stem, like one big bud. On the last pic, NL runt's top, do those top leaves have to stay on? Not sure if age or a day late watering once but the centers are drying, browning. I need to water and use the hooks today. Still hot and dry here in northern IL.

Catfish22 I'm having a viewing pics issue on your post. At 7-8 weeks was your runt opened up or pretty much hugging the stem still? Yours are looking nice.

Comment

• Catfish22
          Catfish22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I started training the runt like I had laid it down. Then it just stalled while the unseen stem damage repaired itself.
          It started flowering and had 6 or 7 budsites and it just stayed stocky and packed on flower weight.

What do y'all think as far as bud rot concerns? I'm keeping H about 50-60%, temp 76°F (24). I keep a breeze around them and first thing in the AM they get a pretty steady breeze for about an hour. The runt's colas have been packed pretty tight for awhile. Trichomes are still a little early as are pistil hairs. I would hate to lose it to bud rot.
          How long would you wait for them to ripen? I feel they will hit the tipping point by the weekend at the pace they have progressed, would I be pushing too far to wait until then?

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, the first post all 3 pics are the same plant? I'm wondering if mine will pull its buds outward because of weight, and I'd be concerned for rot on mine but my RH is 40% average - light heat & AC running w/doors partly open, waiting for an intact ceiling fan to arrive. I thought in flower RH was supposed to be up to 50%.

Here's my tent today.

Name:	20210614_145226.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	520336Click image for larger version

Name:	20210614_145222.jpg
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	520337Click image for larger version

Name:	20210614_145215.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	520338Click image for larger version

Name:	20210614_145136_1.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	520339Click image for larger version

Name:	20210614_145207.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	520340Click image for larger version

Name:	20210614_145143.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	520341
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking real nice Canuck147 Top pics really showing dark bud colours, almost purple. Chunky frosty buds too. I think I remember that you go pretty much full amber (hope that's right)...check the trichs yet?

Might not look like much but I threaded the needle (plant hooks): Chewy is laid down exposing bud sites; you can see through Lemon's stem; part of the runt's stem is visible. The cat topped Chewy at node 4.

Comment

panalilies Lily, here are the midgets before and after I watered, and threaded the hooks. Doesn't look like much but I can see through Lemon, and part of the runt's hidden stem. Their tops feel like a big fat nug. I don't know what else to do with them right now. Bizzaro girls. I hope Chewy can make up for some of my yield. Temps in the 90's will be back in a few days.

Comment

• panalilies
            panalilies commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to lower my lights and set them to 50% since they were making it wayy to hot (like 87f) in the tent. Back down to low 80s right now

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lily, I want to lower mine too. Hoping the nephew can come by again soon, mostly for the fan. I'm trying to think of something to safely lift my pots up higher for a bit. The basins don't provide pot-bottom air flow. Maybe Dollar General, look for something cheap to repurpose. I need to put the house at 70 to keep closet under 80 and today's not as hot. Raising pots and lowering light intensity for the warmest part of the hottest days might have to happen for now.

Here is my take on auto training. These were supposed to be photos, but at week 7 under 18/6 they sprouted flowers. Two clones were taken from the first mothers (not supposed to be able to do this, but I did) with LST, Then three sister seeds were sprouted four weeks ago. I am training the new seedlings just like the first two, so they should manifold nicely.

The first two of the group:

Name:	CLONE 12A.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	929.5 KB
ID:	520948

The clones

Name:	CLONE 13A.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	1,012.4 KB
ID:	520949

The sisters

Name:	CLONE 14A.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	974.9 KB
ID:	520950
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

So - laser eye surgery happened on Tuesday - had the lens with the cataract on it replaced. Yesterday was blurry but wow the brightness in my world increased significantly. Today to go along with the bright world I had forgotten everything is in focus. Bright and sharp - I'm seeing colors on my plants I didn't know were there.

Here's a few bud shots from all 3

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210617_104414.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.44 MB ID:	520979Click image for larger version  Name:	20210617_104407.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	520980Click image for larger version  Name:	20210617_104342.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	520981Click image for larger version  Name:	20210617_104325.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	520982Click image for larger version  Name:	20210617_104333.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.55 MB ID:	520983
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats on your procedure going well.

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Best part is television is way better - I can see the puck on the screen again!

• HobbitGDF
              HobbitGDF commented
              Editing a comment
              glad things are well. i know i would have been scared as hell for surgery. props.
              your plants look great. they about to get the chop?

If I'd known I was going to have such shorties/bizarre grow I'd have started my own thread.

Monday night I pinned down Chewy's bottom two sets and laid it open where the cat topped it. This morning there's a lot of new growth. I raised some hooks so that lower buds can try to be stay in height but I never know which leaves are OK to remove or important to keep.

Pic #4 NL runt: Do I remove those top leaves that look like a plant that's finishing up? The top is like one big bud, shoots growing outward are quite short, go figure. I pinned lower buds out for air and light.

Pic #3 Lemon (on the R): Lower buds are pinned outward, the top is stacking buds, they're like 4 big nugs. I was able to open up the stem for light & air.

I see the most potential in Chewy. Please give me some advice? Thank you.

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              yes take off those colored leaves on your runt - pic 3 on the right could lose leaves that are growing inward toward the center and not receiving much light.
              On Chewy I would take off what is growing down into the soil as well as any weirdly growing leaves - remember the plant wants to grow vertically not sideways so that's why you get swirly weird leaves. Looks great - looks to be at the stage that what you cut off should grow back - but once they start replacing with 3 finger leaves then there is no replacement after that - plant would rather make the flowers more enticing for the males

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Canuck147 for the explanation and advice.

I used to manage an amusement company - pinballs, videos, jukeboxes, foosball, pool tables, etc. I was on-call every weekend for a year. Best job ever. I had each size and shape of forceps, hemostats, but I can't find one pair now. Those two older girls are tight azzes, my fingers aren't fat but they're not skinny either. Threading those hooks was like doing a puzzle. The AC isn't keeping up today, supposed to be worse tmrw, I think I'll put the pots on the kitchen table (cat-free zone) to work on them then.

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              yup - that's one of my problems too when I try the LST - old fatter fingers

I adjusted the hooks on Chewy 3x Saturday to draw ends to the pot's edges while keeping the canopy level. The underside: do I remove the small leaves/new growth around the stem & on the branch(es)?

Lemon is leaning bc of hooks that I need to move anyway. I see new pistils, do I remove all leaves that point downward and all small curly leaves? I can use twisties to pull top buds aside to work on it.

Runt: Should I shop for micro-surgical instruments? I separated the top where it was FIMed, I have a blurry pic or this one, hard to tell a difference. Trace a leaf & clip it as close as I'm able? This one's a trip.

Last check tonight my eye caught something white on the runt, thought it was trouble. Appears to be the underside of a sugar leaf, covered in frost.

I planned to do this Friday but while I was watering plants my nephew texted he was on his way to replace the exhaust fan in the ceiling. I put each plant in a basin, in the closed-door bathroom, bc of the Cat.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL micro surgical heeehee. No need i would even dig out those suger leaf just trim like a pineapple leave suger leaf just close trim. Looks good from above in that #1 pic but yes you go dwarfs somehow growing. But it ain't over yet

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks SoOrbudgal I never thought of 'trimming' it, yet. I swear, I'm a healthcare enigma, Murphy's Law would be my next tat, if I got another and now I'm growing midgets, or plants of short stature to be PC.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X