No announcement yet.

Autoflower training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's not much but she makes me happy. Just had some large fans from the interior and bottom of the plant clipped today.
    - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
    - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
    - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
    - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
    - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
    - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
    - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
    - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
    - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

Comment

• SleepyTibbs
      SleepyTibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Catfish22 Thank you! Think it is time for me to start using blooming nutes? or is that meant more for the end of the stretch when the little "budlets" (as I saw them called in a GWE guide) with the mass of pistils show up?

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use GH trio and in week 7 I started slightly increasing Bloom from 1/4 strength to now about half strength and to 3/4 in next few days as pistils start to form.
      To answer your question however, if I had to start bloom nutes on yours I would probably start them now. There are others who may be able to speak to your brand of nutrients though.
      Last edited by Catfish22; 05-13-2021, 03:25 PM.

• SleepyTibbs
      SleepyTibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, seems to be the consensus among people I have asked that I start my bloom nutes with this next feed.

Took em outside for watering with full strength nutes - coup.e days after spraying and they don't look toobad - only negative about the spray is the pistils don't like it- they tend to - change - but they always come back .

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210515_094216.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	515237Click image for larger version

Name:	20210515_092438.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	515238Click image for larger version

Name:	20210515_092510.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	515239
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Just did some thinning out. Think I took too much? They’re 45 days from sprout. Glueberry OG autos

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well i've seen others strip as much off autos i've never done much. Best thing is they are 45days from seed.

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        I usually don’t either. Kinda got carried away with Pinhead in the center

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        time will tell......

She recovered nicely from being spread out yesterday. This evening she’s measuring 22” in diameter, 14” tall and had a shit ton of new colas grow up overnight. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Forgot to mention that I followed your training pretty much step by step. I only topped them once then had to supercrop them over due to tent night. They’re in 2 gallon pots of cocoloco with 12oz of living soil mixed in. Wasnt crazy about it my last grow but figured I’d use what I had up. Seems better so far this round
      Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-16-2021, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        They'll come around.

Thanks Canuck & everyone. This is a fun & informative thread. Well nxt time I try to follow along I'm gonna do it ALONG with & not out front lmao. But they seem to be ok considering how badly I neglected em. The trics are mostly cloudy & the whole apartment smells delightful!!

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Really great looking plants - I'd be very happy with those.

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Well thank you kindly!!! I appreciate the encouragement 😎

Plant pistils are recovering nicely - fed them with nutes today - Bruce lost a few leaves - Lucy had a couple of branches pulled away from their stem - only thing the leggy Cookies is doing is packing the weight on her buds frostiness is happening

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210517_100754.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	515610Click image for larger version  Name:	20210517_100329.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	515611Click image for larger version  Name:	20210517_100819.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	515612Click image for larger version  Name:	20210517_100834.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.59 MB ID:	515613Click image for larger version  Name:	20210517_095621.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	515614Click image for larger version  Name:	20210517_100346.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	515615Click image for larger version  Name:	20210517_100317.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.06 MB ID:	515616Click image for larger version  Name:	20210517_095545.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	515617Click image for larger version  Name:	20210517_095537.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	515618Click image for larger version  Name:	20210517_095524.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.92 MB ID:	515619

Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        nope - nothing like that

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice. There are bud sites everywhere, top to bottom. Good work...all of you.

• HobbitGDF
        HobbitGDF commented
        Editing a comment
        man those got good height on them. great job. i am hoping my gorilla girls will stretch a little more but i believe they done tho.

Awesome tutorial Canuck147. Thank your from all us auto growers. We expect no less from you. 🤪 I read all 8 pages just not but maybe I missed it about how tall were they before the first budletts started showing and how old were they when they started flower?
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Two good questions that I really can't answer - only thing I measure is how far away the light is and I don't really pay attention to how old they are - cuz topping and LST slows them down from how long the seed producers say they will grow.
        Sorry

do you guys defoliate while you go or do you do it on a certain week in whatever stage of growth?

i defoliate whenever i see one i want gone. sometimes i get carried away and stunt the plant or screw up the flower stretch. It happens to me sometimes so im trying to be more conscious of when and how many i take at one time..

here is the veg/auto tent

back 2 are gorilla girl XL auto, one in front of fan is same thing and so is the bottom left, in front of it is the sour diesel auto.
      bottom right 2 are strawberry pie auto and on top of them is gorilla zkittlez auto

Name:	101_0604.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	722.8 KB
ID:	515788

im trying to keep mites out of here. i have mites of some kind in my flower tent.
      4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
      1x Slapz
      1x Quikz
      2x red runtz
      1x flo-see
      1x 2B blunt
      1x persian pie

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        HobbitGDF i do when the budlets start forming on my autos i'll remove the biggest fans. Then after they start stretching only the ones blocking bud sites and those that get yellow from age.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I defoliate a lot in the preflowering stage and into the first part of the flowers stretch - once they want to work solely on their buds they produce 3 finger leaves and after you cut them off the plant usually doesn't make more leaves cuz it's wants to work on the buds.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I do the same thing and defoliate autos way too hard. Believe I’m stuck in the photo mindset where you really strip the plant down but with autos it seems they do best if you only take what’s needed. That’s my conclusion from looking at everyone else’s autos, not my own lol

These are 2 of my 5 autos i got going on 3/5/21 I count when i see the sprout emerge from the soil with my autos. Of course these would of been better quaility & quantity if i'd used 3gal pots. But i tried a SOG in my 3x3 with 7 ( 2 were males reg. seeds ) so got down to 5. Outdoor tent, no heat except from chicken lamp and 2 450r old vipars running 20/4. So not a great enviornment. This past week all of them look pretty good not big as some I've grown in the folgers, these are 14-16" smell lovely been sitting them on the roof for 7 days now 80+f days 45f nights an they are OK. Other 3 still in the tent. I tried to just LST but did'nt like it so i set them free and just anchored down their branches and now they are all released. I think these may be finished about the same time my photos will be on the 31st. Then i think i'm quitting indoor for summer just gonna run photos outdoors, but who knows??
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice looking colas

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        On the roof, that’s awesome!!!

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Buds are getting fat. Are those like Costco-size Folger's cans, or just regular?

I have what i think is perfect spot up there on the roof for early spring/summer auto grows. This week temps have really cooled from 80 to 60's so they are back in the porch tent under 20/4. I get about 14hrs of direct sun up there right now. Overnight temps in the low 40's so back indoors they come. They have less than 3wks left till harvest and are on trich patrol

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

The Lemon is growing well and I could grab new growth and a leaf to train but if I tie them down the bottom leaves will be in the dirt. I still have veg lights on 24/7, they've been in pots 4.5 weeks. I don't know what to do with the all the growth on the stems under the low-lying leaves, tight nodes. I bend stems, turn pots and tuck leaves whenever I can, to expose new growth. The poor twin that the cat chewed is looking bigger today. More pics this weekend.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Either leave it alone - hoping that she'll grow up and help herself - or - trim some leaves laying on the soil.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Canuck147 HI, I have removed some low leaves already. The NL stem is getting more firm, harder to manipulate each day; I can still bend the Lemon more easily. NL-Chewy is growing nice looking new leaves, the cat opened up that one rather well; that bereaved twin has been through some things, might end up being the best.

I found a wire shelf, little narrower and shorter, and I have 4 bed risers maybe 6" tall, at most. I was thinking about raising the pots overnight while it's a little cooler and see what they look like in the morning - thoughts? They're not real close, and still on veg lights only. Oh, would you leave it alone and wait, or trim more? Thank you.

Your going to need to remove the leaves that will be on the bottom side anyway.
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I already have ... not sure how many big leaves I can remove right now. On the Lemon, if I trained the middle node, or the one above, the big leaf would still be on the dirt. Cut off the leaf tips?? There's so much new growth on the stems. Going to up the CalMag on the NLs. I have to look at pics for the Lemon ... did yours need extra N? Few small rusty/brown places on leaves. Thanks!

• Catfish22
          Catfish22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I found the northern lights and lemon wanted cal-mag. I am using 4ml of Calimagic per gallon. I had the same spots the first time and this run not so far.

I would remove the leaves in the dirt. You really end up removing all the leaves that would be growing "down" after you bend it over. There won't be room for them once you get it laid down.

Took the girls outside for tea - been leaving the scissors in the cupboard - so Lucy and Bruce are pretty bushy - Cookies is filling out nicely.

Name:	20210520_105402.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	516110Click image for larger version

Name:	20210520_105926.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	516111Click image for larger version

Name:	20210520_105920.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	516112Click image for larger version

Name:	20210520_105352.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	516113Click image for larger version

Name:	20210520_105331.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	516114
        Attached Files
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jeebus. I've been under the weather but I must be getting better. I just now realized why Lucy is named Lucy, duh. Buds are really growing, they look so nice outside for pictures. 90's & high humidity forecast here for the weekend, I'll be trying to make my girls comfortable until next week.

• HobbitGDF
          HobbitGDF commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey I forget.

Do you only feed in tea method?

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          no - nutes and molasses are used as well.

This is my 2 sativa autos approaching 10wks from seed sprout. These have been in a poor enviornment since the start. Outdoor tent huge temps swings, unheated only 2 old vipar 450. They also spent a week outdoors on the roof cause weather was great now back in the tent cause friggin winter came back LOL. But for what they are i'm gonna be happy with having alittle sativa to smoke. Got those 3 La Berry Fruita autos in with them same seed company as this. They are not going to be huge harvest either. Now under the right conditions these would of done way better so it's me the grower who allowed low results, not the breeder just sayin i've got a lack of motivation going on with growing MJ plants, it's a bunch of stuff just feeling uninterested. So now i'm just waiting to harvest all the blooming and close down these tents that have been going full time for 16months gawwwd i do need a break.

Sorry to vent so much on this thread Canuck147 it just flowed.....I'm ready for less responsibilities and more outdoor projects, Thanks Covid.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vent away - get your boys some responsibility to grow with you.

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Or, maybe take a breather SoOrbudgal.
          When growing stops being a pleasure and becomes a chore, it may be time to skip a grow cycle and get your groove back.
          Growing epicurean cannabis is a challenging task and you have to be motivated to get it right.
          If you feel like you need some time off you probably do.
          I don't mean deny us your knowledge and experience, just maybe let the "Grow Roof" sit out a spell.

Jus sayin.
          Last edited by grouchyoldman; 05-23-2021, 04:54 PM. Reason: Erudition.

Plan on taking a break from indoor tents after this last grow finishes. Waiting for 2 more photos to finish and 5 autos. It's just me that does it, hubby has now cut back on his use so less need. It is a labor of love and takes much time to keep them happy in winter when you don't have a tight near perfect enviornment. It's all good i'm just wanting more freedom to roam. My spirt needs it.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X