Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InertXenon's Growing Journal #1 - First attempt growing

Reserved for the end of the grow.
    Check the second message for the beginning of the journal.

Question???
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• inertxenon
      inertxenon commented
      Editing a comment
      I was typing out my second message for the grow journal. Took me a little bit to format it the way I like it so that's why there was a gap.

Hello everyone! I just joined the community and I'm preparing for legalization in NY. The rumors suggest it'll be happening any day now so I want to get ahead of the game and prepare my setup for growing. I have experience growing normal vegetables outside but never inside.

My goal for growing is to get approximately one pound so I can have enough for a whole year without having to grow more. I likely will grow more throughout the year but it wouldn't be required.

I have created a list of the supplies I was going to purchase first. Much of the list was created using articles on this website like (https://www.growweedeasy.com/growing...setup-examples). Any suggestions about changing them would be greatly appreciated since I don't have much experience in indoor growing.When the NYS legislature finally decides to pass the bill I will be looking into my growing medium/supplements.
    Last edited by inertxenon; 03-30-2021, 04:10 PM. Reason: Changed my grow light from a MH/HPS to an LED mostly for EMR/Fire safety.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      As you have " read " most of us use LED no i know has luck like you want on a first grow.

• inertxenon
      inertxenon commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal I was under the impression it isn't so much luck but the amount of plants you have. (https://www.growweedeasy.com/600w-hp...setup-tutorial) This was the list I was looking at and it says it should give you 10-21 oz which is more than enough for a pound. Assuming I grow closer to the 8 plant limit I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Welcome to the neighborhood. Most of us are here for knowledge of course some give some take but most of us do both. I'm subscribed to watch 🍿 🍿
    Last edited by MeEasy; 03-30-2021, 10:45 AM.
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Really it's not so much the quantity of the plants you grow but the quality of the care you give them. Absorb all the knowledge you can from tutorials and experts then apply it to what you do for your plants. A great grower with a time perfected setup might get 2 lbs from 8 plants but they have paid their dues through time, observation and learning from mistakes. Inevitably you will make them so just learn from them and do better next time. Whether it's a sprint or a marathon you still have to train for it. Good luck and welcome to the Forum.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

April 7th, 2021

Since my last post I've been acquiring all the equipment/nutrients I will need.

Grow Tent

The equipment I purchased was detailed in the previous post on March 30th, 2020. The tent's volume is 48" x 48" x 80". With this size I was hoping to fit six plants under the lights.

Nutrients / Supplements

I had looked online for gallon versions of the General Hydroponics line because that is what Nebula recommends at (https://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrients). I had little success but was able to find a local hydroponics place near me that did have these sizes in stock. Using General Hydroponics feedcharts at medium feed (https://edge.generalhydroponics.com/...eed-Charts.pdf). I'm aware that I will need to start off at half strength when the seeds have germinated.

Growing Medium

Click image for larger version

Name:	growing_medium.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	505422
        I chose a soilless medium for this grow because I can reuse it the future after processing it a little bit. This was one of the ones I saw on the website and it was available cheaper at the Hydroponics store compared to Amazon.

TO-DO LIST

* pH Up
        * pH Down
        * Extra bag of Mother Earth Coco + Perlite

Please if there are any suggestions regarding what I've purchased let me know. I am very open to changing what I have currently, I feel every time I go online I want to change some little thing about my setup.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome. Just want to ask about your water. Is it tap? Is it RO? Do you have something to check the ph? It’s super important.

Off topic. I see you like xenon because of your name but I’m wondering. Is it a technological thing? (You like xenon because it’s application in light technology) or you like it because it’s the only element on the earth that is a drug by itself. Called the perfect drug by psychonauts. Hard to get your hands on and easy to surrender to the addiction. It’s a pretty interesting element

I get new growers trying to figure out where to start. Just go small first time, get the basics don't go for the gold your first grow. So far so good with your products now just germinate some seeds. You know all about that right?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X