Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY - Anyone building a quantum panel LED light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY - Anyone building a quantum panel LED light?

Has anyone built a home light using these panels. I found the site searching Samsung 301b vs 301h.

Crescience FluxEngine V2
    The FLUXengine has revolutionized the way of building custom plant lighting. The simple assembly and modular construction make it easy to create your own designs. With the second generation we are taking it one step further.

With grow LEDs the highest efficiency is always required. We compare Samsung LM301H vs. LM301B. The result is a surprise!

I’ve done a number of electrical projects over the years and the thought of building an LED quantum panel light is appealing.

Any projects in the works? Specifically panel lights like the the Horticulture Lighting Group (HLG), Spider Farmer.
    • sheet of aluminum
    • led panels
    • waterproof coating
    • drivers
    • dimmer
    • switches (power and dimmer)
    • wiring and protectors

it would be cool to create two sets of wires, one short length for on top the aluminum plate (colder season) and another long length for outside the tent (hotter seasons). Both sets plug in. The idea of making a custom size light to fit exactly into a grow area is really appealing to me.

Any good suppliers for these LED panels?

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

I DIY’d my lights. Did a journal of the build over on LEDgardener.com

Mine goes away from the single-panel idea as that design limits the footprint of light. I use 20 individual 30WLED strips in a spine-and-rib design. It allows me to move the lights laterally along the spine. To make it more flexible (use wise) i have four power drivers; each driving only 5 strips (150 watts), so i can tailer light distribution by power factor (intensity) as well. In total, I’m running *exactly* 600W of lights that i can control in ways that a single-panel board just can’t match. I can also jack those bad boys up to 3x the current wattage, just by changing to different power supplies (and increasing design to assist the passive cooling).
    All-in costs was somewhere around $800CAD (I think...) and outperforms anything on the market hands-down. And most of that cost could have been cut by 50% if i went with lesser quality LED strips.

My last garden of 4 autos yielded 36.5 oz, of which one plant (as seen in the pic below) provided 16.6oz, but as an average I’m getting 7-12oz/plant.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      Plants = Giants OMG!

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I’m liking that track system a lot YYCannabis. I will definitely be reading your journal.

Years ago when I was in reef keeping. Leds were just coming on the scene as the hot new light to have. They do work beautifully for corals. Real deep water penetration. I built 7 or 8 different fixtures. Same drivers but different leds than I was using back then. 10+ years ago. I have to solder each individual LED. They were Samsung but old tech.
    Truth be told I've been thinking about building some for the side of my grow. Something similar to what YY runs.
    Extra light + extra love = extra bud
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Those are some interesting light engines.
      They are fairly hi-power density so good thermal management(heat sinks) would be necessary.
      While the lm301 diodes are top-tier today, the previous generation lm561c is only about 6-8% less efficient.
      My fixtures I use in my main room use Vero's and the 44" double row F strips mounted on 2" wide .125"thick aluminum strip.
      I use these as outriggers on each side of the Vero arrays.

When powered to 100watts/strip, they reach 50 degC on the sinks in ambient air.
      I've used them for 3 years now, so you may want to look at the F strips unless you need to have the newest chip.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X