Bleach spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Bleach spots?

Hey. This seems to happen to me alot. Always In flower. It's one of the 1st signs. The leaves uptop get these bleached looking spots on them. Then the plant fades yellow. Is it something simple i can fix?
    I'm using earth dust and making a living soil. Also adding great white and when I think needed I use root organics uprising grow/foundation/ bloom, terp tea bloom/bloom booster/microbe charge. I havent used most of it yet. Just earth dust and great white.
    I have been trying to practice good watering skills due to it having to stay wet but not to wet. I've had overwatering issues on others.
    Temp is 75-79f
    humidity 40-45%
    Lights 18/6
    I tore one of the leaves. It's not bug Click image for larger version

Name:	20210324_183646.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	501628 damage. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210324_183704.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	501624Click image for larger version

Name:	20210324_183807.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	501625Click image for larger version

Name:	20210324_183734.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	501626Click image for larger version

Name:	20210324_183649.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	501627
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

I see root issues ,I have been trying to practice good watering skills due to it having to stay wet but not to wet . Pot likes to get soaked then dry out in soil I think from what you said is your over watering
    https://www.amazon.com/XLUX-Soil-Moi...s%2C180&sr=8-2 I use one of these all the time in soil I water one day and 3 days later I go back and check it if its just above dry I water if its wet I leave it until it says dry,I also measure what water I give them, 7gal pots will use 2 to 3 large iced dunken doughtnut cups in 3 days depending on plant size ,no matter what your growing in you have to figure out how much water a plant will use in 3 days. Ive got seedling I transplanted top might look dry and I want to water but I trust the meter (I've got more than one to test against each other) so 2 days ago I gave them and ounce or so very little because they dont drink alot this morning I will test each one and see I will only water the ones that show dryer as close to the red line but not in it its worked for me for years good luck
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• HobbitGDF
      HobbitGDF commented
      Editing a comment
      You know I have 2 of these things and used to use to check PH.
      I never thought to use that or even think I would need to for watering but with living soil and moisture its tricky

Need input
    What strain?
    What is your light?
    How many actual watts?
    How close to the girls is it?

Comment

Strain is girl scout cookies auto by fastbuds
      hlg 550 v2 rspec w/ 30w uva (480w + 30w uv)
      28-30in from light.

If my soil drys the life in the soil dies. So I need to water her daily, just not to much.

I see this issue wissu75% of my plants last few grows.
      seems to always be once they are in flower.
      I do use hydrogaurd.

It could be overwatering. Root issues like you said.
      4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
      1x Slapz
      1x Quikz
      2x red runtz
      1x flo-see
      1x 2B blunt
      1x persian pie

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it's the amount and frequency of the waterings i will get the same reactions If the bags are not dry enough. I may of done it today in fact. Now i'll wait and see if she reacts poorly. I gotta follow my own advice doing this and i just kept pouring water and grow big into her. Stoner moment......

You mention this happens a lot. do you mean in general or only in plants that you are using living soil?

I have read some articles on living soil and IMHO it's not worth it. Just use a tried and true method like coir with GH Flora Trio or Fox Farm nutes and forget about issues. Living soil seems to be too problematic and unless you know exactly what you are doing it becomes a nutrient issue and a watering issue.

Again IMHO pick a medium that is neutral like coir or plain potting soil. As long as you provide generous amounts of full spectrum light either indoors or outdoors and follow a proper nutrient feeding schedule combined with accurate PH levels and good watering, the plants will do what they do best.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X