Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOTE: Forum, Grower, User...Age Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the hope of garnering just a few more votes to approach 100 I'm bringing this forward one more time. I want to begin trying to consolidate the information we have learned from this exercise and attempt to make some kind of sense of it all. The most fascinating part for me has been the stories that contributors have shared and I thank you all for them. Best of all is my observation that old hippies never go away they just grow their own, lol! I wonder what the graph of the survey results will look like in 20 more years? The steady even progression of numbers as the age groups increase is an interesting factor I will have to study for some time. Are we elder users just trying to hold on to the good old days of our youth or are we finding there really are great health benefits to be had?
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      HA!!! Spot on my man, I'm a card carrying lifetime member

• Tumbleweed
      Tumbleweed commented
      Editing a comment
      I think older folks tend to have more patience, simpler lives, and get more pleasure out of the grow processes than our younger selves would have.

• Poppa
      Poppa commented
      Editing a comment
      On some level all be it small I have to disagree Tumbleweed, while in college I grew a plant for over a year. I found it as a seedling in the wild where we would go to party. Brought it home potted it and added it to my house plants under t-5 grow light on 16/8 timer didn't have the knowledge that for it to flower it needed the dark period. I lost it and a number of my house plants from neglect while working double shifts and still carrying a full class load.

GWE—- Geriatric Weed Enthusiasts
    😂
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL Good one! Love it!

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey SoOrbudgal, How do we start a fund to do it? I would contribute to a printing fund. I know that industry quite well. Need a financial secretary to run it. Know any volunteers, lol?

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep good one !! Now we need a logo.

My version of the Logo
    Just a reminder this is not my picture.
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-14-2021, 05:52 PM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      @Farmbuck: Sir, thank you for submitting you logo choice. The committee will make a choice.

So you have a candidate for a position?

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking at YYCannabis pic I say it's a winner!

Congratulations YYC !!

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Farmbuck but i don’t to think of it as a competition. 😁

Here’s mine
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahahahahaha Perfect

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoo Dawgies!! I recon I like that 'un!

When I was declared disabled it hit me hard. Sitting around waiting to die (watching Ellen) took too ducking long. My state has medical so I got my card hoping to improve the quality of my medicine. Not only is govt weed too expensive, but actually growing weed is more therapeutic than smoking. Regarding age I turn 60 this year. Smoked first soon around ‘73. Belive I was 12 (summer before 7th grade). The guy that introduced me is now a hokey (I meant holey, but hey Freudian slips are a thing for a reason) roller, uptight, and just not comfortable in his own skin (ps Thats what the neighbors are thinking in case your wondering.). Oh well time to quit my stoned rambling mutterings, besides I’m tired of hunting peckers on this phone
    “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
    ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

I have the perfect theme song 🎵 this song takes me back in time

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Yee Haa, my neck got redder just listening to that one, lol!

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        Comments are turned off.

Fine “Getiatric Weed Enthusiats” or whatever ( I’m not arguing over semantics) anyway any logo cannot involve fan leaves. IMHO however selected the seven finger fan leaf for an Icon had to be an outdoor grower. If that sumbitch had to defoliate them suckers he would have opted to pick that. Now having said that I don’t know what else is left. Let’s face it the chemical symbol for thc is not immediately identifiable. I have a migraine, I need to medicate. Now you can see the sickness for what it is, help....
      “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
      ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

I do computer graphics for a living. I envision an old feeble guy standing at one of those double pulley weight machines pulling, instead of weights, two enormous buds.
        Think getting healthier by medicinal weed.

Equipment
        5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
        ———————————————————————————————————-
        1st Grow
        Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
        Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
        Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Still only one slot left...COME ON 81!

Equipment
          1st Grow
          Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
              UndergroundFarmer commented
              Editing a comment
              It's tough to trim bud with those mittens on.

• MrPNW
              MrPNW commented
              Editing a comment
              I need to hire Edward Scissorhands.

• Catfish22
              Catfish22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow! Thasa lottttttaaa merrywanny!

Leave my weed alone!
            SoOrbudgal What Bernie would say.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C2311215-9AF9-4C5C-939F-E2D679940D54.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	507663

Equipment
            1st Grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              @Floppydoop yes i trimmed it like normal could not did not go deep to reach the tiny suger leaf just cut it up once that cola had dried into 4 pieces. Interesting center kinda like cutting in half a artichoke. Smoke was great all gone now we waste no time LOL

• MrPNW
              MrPNW commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s what I did as well. Removed all the large fan leaves along the flowering way, then just trimmed anything sticking straight out from the fresh cut branch. All the tiny sugar leaves just curled back inwards as they dried over a week. I think it makes the bud prettier than the commercially tight trimmed buds in dispensaries.

Last night I put some large buds into a mason jar and decarbed them at 250F for 35 minutes. They broke apart from the stem so easily to go into the shredder and ground nicely. I’m finding that decarbed weed works beautifully in my Firefly 2+ set at a lower 300s range. It’s smoother and I just have to do a slow inhale for 10 seconds, let goes of the sensors and continue the slow inhale until I have no capacity left. The taste is amazing even more and I haven’t had any combusting on the second and third tries from the same bowl so its gone farther.

Turned 68 two weeks ago, it feels pretty good...
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad to hear it alltatup keep doing what your doing gal

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              Its a great age to be!

It's been awhile since we did this and you oldsters here are probably sick of it but I see a LOT of new faces lately so I'm hoping we will get some new results in. I find the age progression in the graph to be very interesting. Now let's see if it changes with new folks.
            Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
            Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
            Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
            Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
            Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
            i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
            My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
            make pH correction unnecessary
            Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
            8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
            Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
            Semper Fidelis!

Comment

There was a youngster LankyBird that joined recently that said they were 82 I believe.
              2X4X6 Quictent
              1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
              600w LED (80)
              1000w LED (180)
              2 X Viparspectra P-1000
              2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
              6" battery/usb fans
              Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
              GH trio with Calimagic
              Lung room humidifier
              3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
              ArmorSi, kelp when needed
              Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
              Northern Lights auto
              (Seedsman)
              auto 00 Kush
              (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
              2x Northern lights auto
              1 auto 00 Kush
              1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
              Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• LankyBird
                LankyBird commented
                Editing a comment
                Catfish22 Nope , I turned 80 last Feb. Hope to make to the 81 y.o. loners in less than half a year . TOKABIGONE I'm enjoying this posting - I've read it all ! gave me some laughs . 'Geriatric Weed Enthusiasts' is cool .

I am 47 and I have been smoking since 14 years old, It does not really surprise me that there is an older generation that is growing, since I used to hang out with a lot of guys that were in their 20's and 30's that used to get high with me. It is still illegal in my state so I have to grow indoors, I hated the shady dealers also JeffInCanada , it was the reason I started growing.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X