outdoor Yield Clone vs seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outdoor Yield Clone vs seed

Hi new to the forum but have been reading for awhile and want to start by thanking GWE for putting this all together and I love your articles. So let start with I live in socal and will be growing outdoors mostly in fabric pots although 1 of the houses may plant in the ground. I will have 3 different gardens possibly 4 with six plants each. My question is what percentage yield difference could I expect to see clones vs seeds? This is based on a full season grow meaning they will be in there final resting area before May. I ask because I have several source to get clones from well established growers but getting seeds has been more difficult than expected although I have finally found a source where I can walk in and purchase but it's a bit of a drive(BeverlyHills) and I am in Inland Empire. I know this Question has many variables we could add to the equation but lets try minimize these and base it on if it was the same strain and genetics what would be expected difference in yield? Oh and if anybody knows of a good source I could purchase seeds either local pick up or online where I could purchase with out crypto that is reliable please share. Anyway thanks for any help glad to be part of the community and stay safe!

Go online and purchase like 90% of us do. See the seed page on this site gives you well respected trusted seed sellers. The dispensaries in So Cal may carry some?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I would say start from seed. Why? Because clones tend to grow with staggered nodes vs seed there are two nodes. Pretty sure I didn’t explain it correctly. Hope you know what I mean?

Comment

It's been my experience that seeds grow more robust and I have read that it is because they start with a tap root whereas a clone is basically a branch that roots. I've also noticed that clones I have grown don't have as extensive root balls like my seed plants tend to grow.

Comment

First Welcome to GWE
          Heres another thought, last year everything I started early (@ 16/8s and 14/10s) flowered (and finished) as soon as it went outside. This was both from seeds and clones and under 14/10s I got flowers there as well.
          Seedlings have a time to mature, where clones are already mature. I have seen clones with great roots and some with not so great. Could be strain related.
          I have to agree that plants from seed grow stronger healthier plants that will produce a larger yield.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X