Perfume smell in the tent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Perfume smell in the tent!

Hello, I accidentally dropped and broke a bottle of perfume close to the grow tent. It smells perfume now, will that harm my plants? It's in the early flowering stage ( week 4) thx

Hmmmm not in the tent just near the tent. It has been in flower has buds? Hmmmmmmm of course clean the area really well, lay a rug over it i guess? And don't ever do that again LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SunGod
      SunGod commented
      Editing a comment
      No buds, just hair! Of course I cleaned it lol. But the tent still smells perfume. I need to know if that has any negative effect on the plants?

I honestly could not say it's one for my record books so sorry i can't say yes or no issue.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Most of us are guys so we are still trying to figure out why you had perfume near your tent.

If you need a good scent, just
      unzip your tent! 😎

To answer your question, I think I know what your thought is but I don't know if those oils would hang around in the air long enough to affect the buds down the road.
      Last edited by Catfish22; 03-22-2021, 02:34 PM.
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• SunGod
        SunGod commented
        Editing a comment
        good question, the answer is that I live with the plants in the same house lol. So accidents happens!! 🙂

On another note, I think those oils are hanging in the air as the smell is really strong. I hope it won't affect the final yield, luckily buds didn't form yet. Just hair so!
        Last edited by SunGod; 03-22-2021, 02:40 PM.

I’d say you’re good. Only thing I have heard or read we shouldn’t have in the same room with our flowering tents is ONA Gel.

Comment

If you still smell it then it hasn't been properly cleaned up. Having said this, as long as it didn't get on the plants or the containers (hydro or soil) and you have circulating fans in your tent then your girls will be fine!
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• SunGod
          SunGod commented
          Editing a comment
          dilvish Yeah it didn't get on the plants or the container. All happened outside of the tent, the fans sucked the smell inside tho and it stayed in even after cleaning, so hopefully the girls will be fine as you said. Thank you very much mate

If I'm not mistaken but isn't perfume just the extracted terpenes from various items.
        If those volatile terps are airborne in the grow, some will definitely get on the flower.
        Will it destroy your weed?
        Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if you get a taste of it when you smoke it.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Mmmmmmmm Jōvan musk kush..........
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X