Hermy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Hermy

Did these plants hermy ?!?! I’ve dissected a few and they have a small seed inside that breaks apart easy .. if they are it’s crazy because last grow there were none that hermy but it’s possible that my humidifier caused it because it throws out a green light when on .. I just need clarification as to if these hermied .. all the hard work I only had 4 weeks to go in flower wooooow .. they are mostly on the bottom .. next to the humidifier that was throwing out light .. can I just pluck them off or is the plant goners
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tackitor; 03-17-2021, 04:08 PM.

Is there anyway I can save them ?? If so please help
    Last edited by Tackitor; 03-17-2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Not a hermi, carry on.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Tackitor
        Tackitor commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s wedding cake S1 and I was reading that “S1” are self producing and I did not know that .. so will it produce seeds on its own ??

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        S1 seeds are from a plant that pollinated its self, only 1 parent. Yes they can carry the hermie gene.

1) Green light is considered safe for photo-period plants.
      2) Cover the light just to be safe
      3) I don’t see anything that says hermie for that plant....what i do see is a large swollen calyx. (Totally normal)

What does concern me is *if* there was a seed in there, then something has gone wrong with her/him. I’m not sure what the course of treatment would be if it did hermie.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Tackitor
        Tackitor commented
        Editing a comment
        So the strain is wedding cake S1 and this is my 2nd grow .. would I still be able to smoke the weed ?? “S1” I guess meaning selfing plant

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes seeds do not make it bad, just seedy, the male parts do give some folks issues (Me, headaches)

What Mr. Furley and I have both mentioned, it doesn’t look like it has hermied. Still looks like all female plant. Cover the green light from the dehumidifier as a safety precaution, and just keep letting her do what she’s doing. 👍
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it 🙏

Comment

Omg man don’t feel bad I literally made this same mistake freaked out hopped on here a couple months ago and some person educated me now I’m happy I can pass it forward those things that look like green tear drops are calyx they are the plants version of a vag they sprout out pistils those hair things and grow trichomes all over their exterior to protect the seed that in nature would form after pollination from predators unfortunately after freaking out I over corrected and became complacent and did end up growing nanners I’ll show pic these nanners are the male part that will send out pollen to impregnate any nearby females including itself in the pic below look for a yellow thing that stands out this is your enemy I don’t see any in your pics so either another of your plants have hermied or you are mistaken about finding seeds
          Attached Files

Comment

I've been growing for more years than I like to admit and my butt cheeks still tighten when I see those. Honestly, it's weird but usually when a pollen sac or nanner comes up you just know for sure what it is after time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X