• Show
Clear All

Into the Sun

Click image for larger version

Name:	sunshine.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	499734
    Started germination March first. Due due some nasty, windy, rainy, cloudy, days recently I've been pretty much rearing the kids under severely inadequate artificial lighting and I'm afraid they got a little leggy. Today is sunny and mild so they're getting a field trip to the balcony for the real thing. It's such a nice day I even managed to get some radish seeds in the soil and noticed that my sunflowers have finally crowned the surface. Looks like Spring may have arrived here in Southern California. The one tiny little plant far right center was a replacement for a OG Kush that germinated but never came up. I'm hoping with a little support they can overcome their leggy-ness. Meanwhile I'm working on the soil for their forever containers in a few weeks. I'm out of perlite and bat-shit, so a trip to the garden center will be on the agenda today. I've been incubating the worm castings and compost in a 35 gallon trash can since December. It looks and smells like it's ready to go. Trying to keep things as simple as possible this year and learn from my mistakes last season. I installed a retractable screen shade for the really hot days and will try not to overwhelm myself with as many plants this time. All but the High Tide CBD strain are feminized so there will be far less culling this year. I put a few bag seeds to bed in paper towels yesterday just because I really enjoy the mystery of seeing what pops up. Last year's Nancy Drew strain was a really pleasant surprise. It flew under my radar for the majority of the grow but then exploded with very sticky sweet bud the last month or so. I've had all Winter to plan things out and I'm hoping I've crossed all my T's and dotted my i's. I'm always open to suggestions and criticism, so if ya'll have any let me know.

Kool !! We are all here to help ya
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Since you’re growing in dirt, you can build-up some dirt around her long legs. This acts the same as replanting her deeper into the soil and will give her support.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seen on this forum many people who have used that method. I guess it just seems counter intuitive to my way of thinking for fear of stem rot. That being said, with so many people recommending it I should give it a try. Thanks -

I up pot mine if I transplant, and in the outside garden (in some pots too if more soil is needed) I will cover up to 6 limbs. One could use rooting compound on them if they wanted to so the root growth is encouraged.

Comment

crucialbunny my seedling autos are abit tall also and they are in there final pot. I have the same fear? with the dampening off. I'm under a 54watt curly CFL and a little t-5 stand. It's a challange to keep them short when you got more than 2 going and little space or resourses. I prop them up with a tooth pick if they make it fine after 2wks they dig in and get stronger.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          I've used some chopsticks for the leggier ones to lean on for the time being. They're still a bit delicate so chose not to tie them but let them lean on it. They've been getting real sun for the past 2 days and that with a mild breeze seems to be helping firm up the stems. Talking about limited resources, I drove to 3 different nurseries and have been unable to find kelp meal or perlite. This has been going on since last May. I settled for a small bag of vermiculite since right now I'm only transplanting tomatoes, bell peppers, and cilantro.

Shoooot damn Covid shortages vermiculite is one i will use to mix into my soil also.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X