Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discoloration on Leaves

Hi -

I planted these sour diesel clones ~2 weeks ago - they're in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and growing pretty well. They did receive one very diluted feeding this weekend with Fox Farm veg nutes, other than that just pH balanced water every 3 days or so. Soil readings for both are ~6.5 pH and 850ppm.

I'm noticing a pretty significant discoloration on the leaves - it doesn't look like any nutrient issue that I've encountered and I don't see any bugs / pests on the plant.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Being that they're in FFOF soil at this stage they should be thriving. If I didn't know that, then I would say they look like they were nitrogen insufficient. I have noticed that sometimes clones won't immediately reach their roots into new soil. I had a couple teen clones last year and after harvest I noticed that the root balls never really got much larger than the original container I received them in.

Comment

• electricbuddha
      electricbuddha commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it's strange - FFOF is usually pretty hot and don't need to feed for at least 3-4 weeks after transplant. I thought it might be N deficiency too so I've started feeding them with really diluted nutes. The new growth is discolored too though so now I'm thinking it may not be a nitrogen issue...

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      It's possible that the shock of repotting has caused some lockout. I've used Epsom in the past on plants that don't seem to be thriving. A teaspoon to a gallon of water might encourage it to start nutrient uptake. Your PH sounds like it's in a good range so some Epsom is really the only advice I can offer.

Looks like iron deficiency that is leading to a phosphorus deficiency.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Yep i think crucialbunny is on track with the advice only because i've had similar looking transplants on my clones. It's gonna take some time for abit of adjustment to your lights and new home. I have used epsome salts many times to help bring back the stability of course i don't know what it does long term for FF with that said i sure would not give any food for right now. The epsome salts bring out the green
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I know in veg people say nitrogen nitrogen nitrogen and some potassium but phosphorus is very important for root development I did an experiment and germed two seeds from the same package one was direct sown in soil only treated in veg nutes the other with a balanced mix I know not a perfect science without clones but both popped out within hours of each other the one treated with balanced was twice as big after 3 weeks I should note I fed the balanced one some more balanced food it’s first week but then switched to pure veg and the veg one only veg I too believe crucialbunny is right that’s good soil but that’s also nitrogen deficiency which leads to the under developed root zone hypothesis for now I think the best option would be feeding a non diluted nitrogen rich fert near the base of the plant

Ps by non diluted I mean normal dilution not extra baby feed dilution

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X