VOTE: Decarboxylation: Grind vs Small Pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOTE: Decarboxylation: Grind vs Small Pieces

So which do you do when you decarb your weed?
    If you're looking to make edibles/tinctures/cannabutter/etc., decarbing your weed is the first step! Come inside and we'll teach you what you need to know!
    I use a hand GRINDER.
    12.50%
    I break my weed up into SMALL PIECES.
    62.50%
    I DON’T break my buds up at all.
    29.17%
    I use an electric GRINDER.
    0%
    Last edited by MrPNW; 03-17-2021, 12:07 AM.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

I need this to grinder for my weed.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AF53CEC2-FF4F-4322-AF87-B4FBE80D360E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	128.1 KB ID:	499530
    Last edited by MrPNW; 03-16-2021, 07:25 PM.

Equipment
    1st Grow
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

No trichomes are harmed when I decarb. I decarb the whole bud. I've seen how much happiness is left behind when I grind for smoking.

Comment

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, that’s my wife’s coffee grinder, heh. That thing would brutal on pot, I will update to say hand grinder.

What is that purple thing? Some insulted food heater? How hot does it get? Are the buds in liquid or dry?

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        Go ahead and vote I added your option.

No grinding or breaking up to decarb. The last batch of butter I made I didn’t even trim the bud I knew was being used for butter.

Comment

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        I wondered about that. If all buds are cut from their stems they aren’t much bigger than a really big piece of popcorn.

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        Go ahead and vote I added your option.

I break mine up into marble size pieces, decarb in a turkey bag and grind with mortar and pestle.
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

I used to chop the shit up, then I put some GG4 bud in whole and decarbed it then into the freeze with 190, when I took it out and shook the hell out of it, all the bud fell apart. After that I no longer do anything to the bud before it gets decarbed, maybe I'm lazy, but if its going to fall apart on its own why chop it?

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s not lazy, That’s working smart.

I decarb in a sealed Ball Jar, 240 for 40 minutes in the oven. No smell, no hassle & ready to extract as soon as the jar cools. Can't see how it matters much whether you grind or not since the temperature for everything in the jar hits the same level and that's what is doing the Decarb work. Oh yeah, I pre-heat the jar so there's no guess work about time at temp.
        My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I don't usually have to break anything up. I smoke my buds and use the trim for everything else so it's usually already pretty broken up. After decarb I crush it up with my hands in the pyrex dish I heated it in. I feel like it's a little easier if it's still a little warm.

Comment

Last night I put some large buds into a mason jar and decarbed them at 250F for 35 minutes. They broke apart from the stem so easily to go into the shredder and ground nicely. I’m finding that decarbed weed works beautifully in my Firefly 2+ set at a lower 300s range. It’s smoother and I just have to do a slow inhale for 10 seconds, let goes of the sensors and continue the slow inhale until I have no capacity left. The taste is amazing even more and I haven’t had any combusting on the second and third tries from the same bowl so its gone farther.

I’ve also been filling my capsules with it. Man are those potent!
            I’m surprised wherever I mention putting my weed into capsules, it brings up so much interest. I would have thought more people using weed for medicinal reasons would have looked into this. There’s nothing fancy about it, although I find a course grind a little easier to get into the capsules the size I use.. I use size

Equipment
            1st Grow

Comment

What I’ve learned from these surveys is for the first time in my life I’m considered normal every choice I picked on all the surveys was the most popular one

Comment

• MrPNW
                MrPNW commented
                Editing a comment
                You found your calling.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X