Buds taking too long to dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buds taking too long to dry

My buds are taking too long to dry. I follow the process from the tutorial on the site. The only variance is I put a Boveda pack in the jar. My dry basement is very dry humidity 30%. Should I skip the Boveda?

I don't use them for curing. Get your buds to about 63-65% and burp them every day until they're down to about 58% without the Boveda pack and they should be ready. That's pretty much the method I use, but everyone does it differently so it's really whatever works for you.

Comment

Boveda packs aren’t for drying since they are designed to work very slowly. If your buds are still wet, you need to spread them out and let them air dry. The boveda packs are for curing to *maintain* the desired humidity (62%).
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

What are you considering too long? I personally aim for 7-10days hanging before going into jars. This isn’t a process you want to hurry along. It takes months to grow a plant, harvest it properly so all that time isn’t wasted. Sounds like you’re already in jars and they should’ve been fairly dry prior to. Here’s a chart from GWE, hope it helps.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. If they are still to damp and stick together use a brown paper bag or a shoe box? Put them in there seal it close it. Check them 2x day should help within 24hrs don't forget to check frequently keep them in the house.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Agree with all above, take the bovida packs out. Their hindering your drying process. Spread the buds out or put them in paper bags or leave the jar lids off for an hour and continue to pop the tops frequently for a couple of weeks. Once you get the humidity down to a steady level then you can put a bovida pack in for long time storage.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
            Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
            Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X