Glass through the mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glass through the mail

I went shopping setting right here for a new glass pipe, I kinda nodded out and dropped the one I use most now of course it broke into several pieces. Not having a back up for this pipe, I grabbed the masking tape and put Humpty Dumpty back together again, well it works for now but will soon stop up and be not worth cleaning what was a $30 purchase. I looked at many places finding very nice offerings, some at nice prices and some OMG! I would think at those prices you put it on a shelf and never even think about loading it! I found a much nicer (at least in the pics) pipe than the one I paid $30 for, and its heavy glass so maybe I wont break them so fast, ya I got 2 for $7 each a bit of shipping and tax for less than $22 delivered to me instead of me going to the other side of town and paying to much for only 1 pipe. It's not just covid thats pushing us to do on-line shopping, the local merchants dont want my busyness.

So Rwise you went to a local headshop and they had no good heavy pipes? I've bought several bongs online. But also in my po dunk town we have every store every little corner store has shelves of pipes LOL that's Oregon for ya.......
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Oh ya, there are head shops all over town, they seem to compete for the highest price! Very little in heavy stuff, nothing that catches my eye. Most looks to me like kids stuff, or like fishing lures that catch more fishermen than fish.
      With the shipping lately I am a bit concerned about glass in the mail, even a frying pan came in destroyed! And then USPS being late cost me a PS5 bundle for free, about $650 if you can find it, by the time I had the offer in hand it had expired.

Comment

In 2019 I was in need of a pipe for smoking the hash I'd planed to make. While browsing and talking to guy helping me I learned his Grand Father was person who I had dealt with back in the 70's & 80's before I quit smoking for work. I found a pipe that I thought would work had a tag of 25.00 on it he gave me 20% off normal discount is 10% for med card holders . It hit so nice I went back and got 2 more to give to my kid and a friend who both needed a pipe. On that visit I took some of my smoke for him to try hoping to maintain the 20% discount he previously gave. It worked so now I always have some thing with me to pass on when I shop there. Start of 2020 I decided I needed another pipe like that for me to switch to when I needed to clean my pipe. They didn't have any like it so I ran home a got my pipe for him to look at hoping he would know where he got it from. It was made by a glass blowing friend of his, but he had moved down south to which I replied I can wait contact him see if he will make me a few. I've found if it's a hassle to get what you want it's best to stock up. His buddy was cool with making them and sending them here I gave him a gram of hash and said call me when their here. Then the Pandemic hit we kept in touch over the phone at one point he couldn't reach his friend, he caught covid. Long about midsummer he let me know his buddy survived and had sent the pipes. I got 5 pipes and 3 baggies of screens for just under 80.00 tax included. I now also drop off all bubble wrap from any packages I receive for the shop to use when selling glass.

Comment

My new pipes arrived yesterday, and in that box they could have tossed them out when the plane went over and not broke them! Of course I have tested both, they are nice and heavy, hopefully I wont be breaking these so fast. LOL The bowl is little big for me, I like small bowls and fresh bud, but I dont have to fill it up either. I do like the sweeping bend so there is no restricted area (like the one I bought local for $30 that clogs up fast). Random colours got these 2, I would have liked one in blue like in their add, but.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            And when i try and fix a screen into my glass it pops right out. Do you use those little glass bead thingys in the bowl? I don't like " spitting " out burnt flakes

[1] 1/2" threaded drop ear 90, [1] 1/2" X 1/4" brass bushing, [1] 1/2" X3" brass nipple , pipe screen to fit . It wont tip over, it wont break and it costs less than 10 bucks! Best pipe ever period!!!!

Comment

• desertdan
            desertdan commented
            Editing a comment
            That is my road pipe. It is sitting on my desk next to the glass pipe I use at home.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            These get to hot for me metal, i prefer glass

Brass is an alloy made mostly of copper and zinc, but when they made these faucets and valves from the late 1970s to 2014, the brass could also have up to 8% lead in it. ... Brass alloys are are part of that industry.
          Brass devices in plumbing systems can create serious lead-in-water problems. ... Lead is heavy metal that can harm the nervous system and brain development, and is especially dangerous for pregnant women, infants and children.
          But not all are the same
          As of 2014, brass fittings must now contain less than 0.25% lead, rather than 8%. The purpose of this change is to protect consumers from harmful contamination. Anything below that 0.25% threshold can legally be labeled as lead free brass fittings under the new standards
          EDIT Ever wonder why those screens burn up?/EDIT
          Is Brass toxic when heated?

Yes, actually. When heated strongly, brass will lose zinc ("dezincification"), which will react with oxygen to form zinc oxide. Zinc oxide fumes are not super toxic, but they can cause metal fume fever.
          Is it safe to cook in brass utensils?

No, it is not safe to cook with brass utensils. This is because of the reactions that occur when brass is subjected to high levels of heat, including too much zinc leaching into your food, the release of zinc oxide fumes, and the development of a corrosive patina (tarnishing).
          hazenph
          Be safe my friend!

Comment

Wife doesn't like my glass pipe..! Farmbuck is happy lolll. On a serious note, any recommendation for a wooden one ?
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              someone here makes custom pipes, I remember the pics, but, maybe Retodd, not sure

• JeffInCanada
              JeffInCanada commented
              Editing a comment
              Found this company in Ontario, Canada. Some real nice wooden pipes here https://www.macqueenpipes.com/

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Jeff and Rwise..!

Yes it is Retodd he makes beautiful custom sherlocks. I hope he is well both he and his Mom ?
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey darlin....been a while. Thought I’d sign in and see how everyone’s been doing. Life had been really busy on the farm and getting my new carpentry business started up. I’ve got a large grow started this season and splitting it with a neighbor. How you’re well. Drop me a mail sometime. And yes, I still have some long stem pipes left in stock for sale

OMG! You are worried about a little amount of lead in a pipe when you inhale pounds of toxic cannabis smoke every year. Give me a break. Stay on the outskirts of reality my friend.!!!

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Do what you want hazenph it is you life! I myself dont use things like lead or even aluminum.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X