No announcement yet.

Not a moment too soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better pics. The coloring is just the MarsHydro whellow from dif angles.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Boy what a great day outdoors here. Did you top those at the 3rd? Good for you and having good neighbors

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Amazing day! 2 for 3 this wk up here!
      I'm thinkin about taking them at the 3rd... do you think I should? It'll push all the growth down to the side branches faster right?

Brought em up to eye level to top em & saw that the 5th node was just startin to show so I topped em at the 4th & defoliated again. Also today was the 1st day of full watering to run off & the way they are lovin it I might'a shoulda done that a day or 2 ago....
    Attached Files

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would have watered to runoff way earlier - gotta build the roots properly before the vertical growth begins.

I gotta say-
    Now that I kinda understand autos.... I'm havin fun with this grow! Seems like I'm taking a few leaves every other day, just did the 1st HST on the 4 larger plants. The younger ones got their 2nd defoliation, they are a little behind the 4 at that age but I think they're still lookin pretty good!
    Attached Files

Comment

Feels strange to take off so many solar panels but that's what it took to open the lower nodes to the light....

Did I do it right?
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        You did it like a photo so that's what you aimed for you got it.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I say you did good - pretty much what I do - I usually let them get to start building their sixth node before topping. Then you have 5 nodal branch systems - but that first node i usually cut off - then you have 4 nodes still to work with.

Grow has begun very well JDU - only criticism i have is the pots should have been full of your grow medium before the seedlings ever came up.

I believe the reasoning why autoflowers don't like to be transplanted - they like to be shown how big their home is by spreading out of water to all parts of it (watering to a slight runoff) then once their roots are set (week to 10 days) they begin their short vegetative stage and get set to make pistils then flowers (which yours are at right now JDU) So if one were to change homes at this point - I think all you would do is confuse the plant by asking it to make more roots into a bigger home. Doesn't want to backtrack wants to go to the next stage in development. My opinion.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Yeah I was thinkin the same thing on filling the pots. But I didn't know not to top off the soil after they had used what they had to start. Lesson learned 😎 I'll do better nxt time, & watering too. At 22 & 15days old It don't look like I hurt em too bad yet though lol.
        Last edited by JDU; 04-04-2021, 04:01 PM.

Well-
      I got distracted & neglectful then left State for a week so they aren't lookin as well as they should but we got cloudy trics comin & the flowers are stacking!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Shit.
        Look at all those wasted budsites!!!! I wish I had sacrificed this one a LONG time ago!!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X