Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myth Busters Wanted

Good Day,
    Been a member of GWE since 2016, been growing auto only, outdoors for 7 yr. Never grew a photo.

What puzzles me is the 12/12 light requirement ? I know why and how the plant uses and needs the dark for a trigger but I've read everywhere that any light, no matter how little, will screw the whole thing up!

So where in the natural world is there 12 hrs. of uninterrupted darkness other than a cave. What about moonlite , lightning, passing cars,,,

How does it grow and flower in nature??

Thanks..............................Peace

You answered your own questions. Some people are overly cautious. If I have to go into my grow room for something during lights off I make it quick. I’ve never had a issue with hermies and I can’t see in the dark. Now if I forgot to turn the light off upon exit that would be different.

Comment

About 7ft under in a cemetery i hear that's pretty dark? No seriously now i have not had issues ever while indoor growing with light leak issues. Outdoors is the only time and it was my fault for putting them out way to early, they started flowering and then reveg happened nightmare i do not want to revisit i sure hope i never do.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• buffalobuds
        buffalobuds commented
        Editing a comment
        See you joined GWE same time i did and i think Tikka did too

Sure miss seeing her around her knowledge was invaluable to me. I hope she is well and still doing her testings on seed.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Growing outdoor in the natural world is so different than artificial indoor that in many ways there are no comparisons. Indoor plants don't have stars or clouds either.

Comment

My kids have LED lamps in their rooms that you can change colour on. I turn it to dark green if I need to go in during lights out. I’d be too scared to use anything else 😂

Comment

I grow outdoors and can assure you some genetics at least can handle the moon, indirect light from windows, me going out with a flash light very often to look for pruning ants, the neighbor forgetting to turn off his big as cfl in his backyard, the ocasional photo and I’m sure plenty plenty more. I’m sure a lot of people doing crosses and sex reversals and selling f1s that will at the first sign of stress throw bananas. Never had those. I got royal queen seeds, pheno finder seeds, g 13 labs, dinafem, and DNA. Plus my own line, I’m on f6 on a very in bred line from GSC and have no light issues.

Comment

Hey buffalobuds , check out my post from a couple weeks ago..."So what about the Moon?". Same subject, lots of info. Toka
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

That's also the reason why genuine landrace cave flowers are currently selling for over $1,000 per oz!!!

Plus there have been alot of high-profile global cave busts recently, which obviously drives up the prices always.

Comment

If it's a concern, just do the best you can, even f it means making a makeshift canopy to throw a blanket over the plants during the 12/12. just make sure it's well ventilated.
                  I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X