Young plant problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young plant problems

First time grower. Plants are almost 3 weeks old, seedlings are not under or over watered. Leafs are a light green, almost yellow. Dry spots. I doubt its light burn. Is it a deficiency? Bugs? Idk..please help.
    (accidentally planted 2 seeds in 1. This Is Happening on Nearly All Plants so its not just because of both in 1 cup.) How do i fix this? Click image for larger version  Name:	20170129_183639-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	49675
    Light burn?
    33.33%
    Nutrient deficiency?
    66.67%
    Bugs?
    0%
    Last edited by 4Alice20; 01-29-2017, 07:54 PM.

I think it's a combo of light burn and ph .02$

Comment

Your plants r probly fighting over nutrients I would plant one per container

Comment

are there drain holes in the bottom of the cups? wonder if the cfc's are gassing off from the cups and reacting with the nutes?

Comment

It's starting at the bottom so probably not light burn. No sign of bugs. Just starving to death I would say.
          Of course now we need to decide whether the nutrients aren't available to the plant or if the plant just can't process it.
          Last edited by Flockshot; 01-29-2017, 08:38 PM. Reason: Add information
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

What medium are you growing in? If a nutrient rich soil, you need no additives this early. Are you checking your pH. Should be going in between 6 and 6.5

Comment

Im with insomniaczzz on this one. I suspect your soil medium isnt up to snuff. Might want to transplant to larger containers and go with a quality mix. Any ph problems you might have will also improve. Recovery could be just around the corner.
              Organic only soil grower
              Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
              Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

That is a form of damping off caused by root rot. You need to increase your drainage using perlite. That should naturally fix your pH issue remove root rot and prevent insects, specifically fungus gnats in the future.

To fix your problem currently, just water with straight 3% H2O2 and a 1/4th blend of your veg nutrients. You can find the Hydrogen Peroxide in the 1st aid isle in a store.

Also, just pull those plants out of the pot and remove all the soil then repot them, in different pots, while doing so add more perlite to the soil mix, it will stop the phenolic exudates from killing off the 2nd plant and increase drainage.
                Last edited by Komatchi; 01-30-2017, 02:20 AM.

Comment

So hard to say from those pics . Looks like could be light burn ........whats the light ? Are you giving nutrients already ? The leaves looked a little cooked
                  2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Overwatering.

Comment

I just replanted them. Ph is fine and when i transplanted i saw that the roots were good too. Some of the leafs are already getting greener so ima wait a few days and see if anything major changes.. Probably was the growing medium it was in. Thanksweedpeople ^^

Comment

I haven't seen any dry spots on young plants.

Comment

Originally posted by Flockshot View Post
                          It's starting at the bottom so probably not light burn. No sign of bugs. Just starving to death I would say.
                          Of course now we need to decide whether the nutrients aren't available to the plant or if the plant just can't process it.
                          I would jump to this also if we knew the medium's contents!! It was prolly low on some particular Nutes!My Humus plants are doing the same and im overfeeding them to keep the green green and not yellow..Ofc my humus has ridiculously too much drainage and i have a 20% runoff so i water sooner than i would..

Good to see this is getting better,keep us posted or even create a journal so we can look at your grow at once through the whole thing instead of jumping through posts,that way it's easier for us and you to know about your plants,growing style and current grow issues
                          Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
                          600W

LED
                          2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                          BioBizzLight Mix
                          Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                          Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
                          Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
                          CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
                          Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X