Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing leaves week 4 flower

Hi,

I am currently on week 4 going into 5 in flower and I am getting a lot of yellowing leaves that eventually fall of I am growing In coco in 10 gallon pots using advanced nutrient fertilizers watering at a ph of 6.5 under a California light works 650 watt led strain is wedding cake anything I can do to stop this ASAP?

pH imbalance

Comment

Lower your pH

Comment

Need to keep coco ph around 5.5-6.0

Comment

Welcome to GWE
          Need input, also pics in normal light help.
          Did you treat the coco before growing in it?

Comment

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm growing wedding cake does not have the fall colors in her leaf she's 50 days in flower stage. Different pheno i guess? My stems are purple on all my photos during bloom in winter my room the tent is in gets cool when lights are out and i shut the door to the room. I check and lift my containers every time prior to watering or feeding

Hi Enemy0116
            Getting some nice buds in there. It's always a puzzle to figure out yellowing leaves. Have you read the whole nitrogen page on GWE?, it is below (read all page). Sounds like your are giving the plant nitrogen but it is only a guess by me from what I see and read from your post.
            A nitrogen deficiency causes the lower/older leaves of a cannabis plant to start yellowing, wilting, and dropping off on their own. Learn how to fix it.
            Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
            I like weed and science.

Comment

I see purple, what strain/s? I find some purps do have faded leaves from the lights.
              Or are the temps low? Low temps cause fall colors.
              Was the coco prepped? Well?
              At the top of this page find the link to "Plant Problems" follow it and read.

Comment

Hi and thank you all for your reply’s I am growing wedding cake, and jungle cake bought them as mother plants in 5 gallon pots and transplanted them into 10 gallon pots with royal gold tupur which is coco based. Been feeding them every watering co2 levels are always at 1200ppm when light is on. The problem started arriving a few weeks into flowering I was watering at a ph of 6.5 and lowered it to 6.0 to see if that helps

Comment

Temperature is always around 75 degrees

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This strain says as you probley know it's flowering time ( not from seed just flowering ) is 65-70 days from my seed supplier. So you may be on the down slope edge of these plants. From your top buds i'm looking at mine at the same time, yours are way bigger it looks like. Also is the left side of your tent greener than the right side? Like i said my wedding cake is all green no fall colors i could post a pic on your thread if you want?

• Enemy0116
                    Enemy0116 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m on day 36 of flowering and flowers do continue to grow and yes the left side is greener still have a lot of purple on the top colas but much greener than the center one I assume it’s due to the center getting the most of the light. And yea I’d like to see a pic of your wedding cake

They look pretty far on so I wouldn’t be messing around too much if it was me. The large fans will naturally fade in colour when the plant uses all the goodness. Just pinch off the really yellow/brown ones and you should be ok.

Comment

With your PH being at 6.5 for Coco, I'd say you have nutrient lock out. The plants aren't getting enough nitrogen IMHO because of the PH. Although it is normal to see yellowing leaves at the tail end of a grow, yours don't look far along enough for that.
                    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Enemy0116
                      Enemy0116 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Do you think it’s too late to fix problem? I did re adjust ph to about 5.9 to 6.0 should that help?

• dilvish
                      dilvish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yup that will help...now just give them a good feeding of nitrogen in addition to the normal nutrient feed. Flush with plain PH'd water first then do a watering with a nutrient mix. Make sure you test the PH of the water AFTER mixing in the nutrients.

There is definitely some nutrient deficiency but at this stage it will be hard to determine by leaf color. I'd flush them with plain water at PH 6.0 until you get 50% runoff, twice. Then I'd flush them again with full strength nutrients as recommended, twice Then let them sit for a day or two, If you're using Advanced Nutrients and are going to use their finishing additive anyway you could use that for the first two flushes, then finish with the full strength. It might not fix those leaves but you'll make sure the colas have all they need to finish as winners! Probably add some density and frost too. I use a coco mix and keep my PH at about 6.5 for seedlings and veg then change to a PH of 5.8-6.0 for flowering. Seems to work well with nutrient uptake. The 6.0-6.5 range is best for calcium and magnesium uptake and in coco those need to be supplemented. My experience in coco is that theirs a need for more calcium and magnesium during veg to really put on healthy leaf growth and nitrogen is absorbed pretty well at a pretty good range of PH.
                    Hope that helps!
                    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
                    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X