Leaf issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf issues

Howdy folks. Got some issues with my 2 plants. Dealt with ph issues early on but got a ph pen and all set there, been feeding between 6.3-6.7 or so. I have some dark coloring showing up on some of the top leaves near bud sites and one plant has brown spots and curling leaves. I think I messed up and gave nutes at full strength one feeding last week, not sure if that did it. Growing in fox farm happy frog with the trio of nutes under a mars hydro tsl2000 LED. Small 6 inch fan with a 6 inch exhaust fan. Just kinda messing around with this grow so not overly concerned with the results. First grow during the colder months so also not sure if temp swings have something to do with it. Thanks.

Was looking at pics for phosphorus deficiency or root problems? I don't think I've been overwatering as both plants are in 3 gallon fabric pots and take less than a half gallon each before I have runoff. Thanks for reading and any help.

Comment

There is a link at the top of the page for “Plant Problems” which is a great resource for troubles with plants.

I’d say you have a nitrogen deficiency. If you had a major mistake with over feeding, you might have caused a nute lock-out.

Here’s more info about the nitrogen deficiency
      A nitrogen deficiency causes the lower/older leaves of a cannabis plant to start yellowing, wilting, and dropping off on their own. Learn how to fix it.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Hondo4921
        Hondo4921 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did check the diagnose your sick plant tab. When I searched yellow leaves I thought it could've been about 4 different concerns. Being a little lazy with this grow I wasn't adding nutes for a while. I think you're right about the nitrogen. Thanks for the help.

I'm going with YYCannabis here, they ran out of nutrients and need to be fed. To me it looks like towards the end where they start using up the nutrients in the leaves. The problem is that they look like it's too soon for that to be starting, especially as developed as the issue is. That makes me think they've been under fed for a while now. Just my thoughts. Have you tested your runoff pH?

Comment

• Hondo4921
        Hondo4921 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't been checking the runoff regularly, maybe once every 3-4 feedings, but when I have it hasn't been way off. Maybe between 6.3 to 6.7, working from memory.

I think you nailed it. you said you didn't use nutes for a while...nitrogen deficiency would be my guess as well. Unless you really overfed like toxic levels, one feeding isn't going to cause that much damage in that time frame. Depending on how far along they are i would do a thorough flush with plain water so you get a lot of run off. You basically want to rinse any build up out of the soil. Then within 24 hours give them a proper feeding as usual but add a little extra nitrogen eg. if it says add 5 ml then add an extra 2.5 ml. If you are using the General Hydroponics trio then look at this for reference:
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Hondo4921
        Hondo4921 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice. That will be my plan going forward. Reading the link on nitrogen issues I didn't find any advice on how to correct it in the flowering stage.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X