Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 weeks flowering and no amber trikes yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 weeks flowering and no amber trikes yet?

Hi guys, as per title I have 3 Durban Poison photoperiod clones and unlike the parent plant which showed amber trikes after 11 weeks, these show no amber at all. Over 50% are milky. Av temp. 23 degrees and R/H about 45% with LED and CFL burning for 12 hours/day.

What should I do? Will they come to harm if I just leave them or do they need to be harvested immediately? All the leaves are now turned yellow with some shriveling up and dropping off.

Would be devastating to have them just die.

Ummm.....14 weeks of flower is a very long time. Are you using a loop or some type of magnification to have a good look at them?

As for harm? It won’t harm the plant, but the long ripening period could cause the THC and CBD to degrade to the point that it loses any quality effects. I’d nip off a bud from somewhere on the plant and dry it quickly (put it in front of a fan for 24 hours) and do a smoke test.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

If it’s full of white trichomes I would harvest it. Lots of THC
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Hey stinkhouse a photo of that old gal would be cool. I been harvesting my ripest top colas leaving the middle to ripen more, mainly cause i'm out of homegrown but mine are cloudy too....leaf are yellow falling off also. I'm waiting till friday to harvest just wanting a tad of amber in these.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          lol @SoOrbudgal....are you out of weed again??

Pictures would be great and yes I agree 14 weeks in flower is a loooong time. Do you mean 14 weeks from germination???
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I don't know if it's applicable here though if of any help, i was only watching something the other day that said alot of both landrace and pure sativas like DP need very intense & correct spectrum light to actually fully ripen when they reach the finish, so my only questions would be, was the mother plant showing at 11wks grown under different light elsewhere, and also what strength/type are your LEDs and CFL's?

If you grew mother under same lights, and are obviously counting flower from same start time, then yes it's a little strange and could just be that plants a wierdo - if your lights are different to mothers tho, then i would hazard a guess they're the reason. Either way, like Captain Wiese said, if you got milky and you say it looks on the wilt already, harvesting is probably good idea, tho hard to say without seeing it.
          Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 03-04-2021, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help fellas,

@YYCannabis: I have a 60 to 120 X microscope which gave me a sore neck from searching for some amber LOL. You mentioned a test-smoke and I have a bud I cut off a week ago to examine carefully. Will smoke it later today.

@dilvish: No, it's 14 weeks from when I changed the lights to 12 hour on/off cycle.

@DaGreenBlazer: I grew the mother plant under one LED advertised as 600/1200W, but who knows its true output, and 4 CFLs. The veg. stage was with LED switched to Veg and the flowering stage with LEDs switched to both Veg. and Bloom. For the 3 clones I bought a second LED and added 4 more CFLs. I used daylight CFLs for veg. and warm white for bloom. The mother plant was my first grow and fared much better, being greener for longer and gave me about 30% amber before harvesting at 11 weeks. The clones grew vigorously at first but then slowed down and leaves started turning yellow. Unfortunately I don't know if they were over or under fed with nutrients. I erred on the side of caution and fed very lightly or so I thought.

The link is to the LED lamps I used: https://www.amazon.co.uk/KOSCHEAL-Sp...07S4FGVW5?th=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	k0Fyb4T.jpg
Views:	1529
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	496130

Name:	7KI8cjY.jpg
Views:	1533
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	496131

Name:	U4lvbZj.jpg
Views:	1535
Size:	5.05 MB
ID:	496132

Name:	N27gENO.jpg
Views:	1535
Size:	4.95 MB
ID:	496133

Name:	ECnbFoH.jpg
Views:	1550
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	496134

Attached Files

Comment

• DaGreenBlazer
              DaGreenBlazer commented
              Editing a comment
              Yo dude, thanks for reply - i just checked your link cheers, and firstly, I'm no LED expert at all though without sounding rude and like I'm trashing your purchase, any LED unit for £79 is probably not gonna be producing what those sativas need - from what research i have done, good quality 600w comparable LEDs start at around the £500 mark then go upwards. With LEDs, not just any LED or chipset will do - the quality of the components dictate how good the light output is for plants - i know money is never always easy myself, though for lights is always better in long run if possible to save up for a good well known American or German brand, etc rather than Amazon's MiC specials!

Otherwise, from the pics i would agree it's on the wilt too so harvesting looks fine, and SoOrbudgal's idea of partial harvesting is great idea too. Good luck dude and you've still pulled a great harvest anyway so could always be worse!
              Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 03-05-2021, 09:31 AM. Reason: Spelling

Well my 2cents are the environment and lighting not strong enough. But she's looking like she's worth chopping down taking cola's from mid section up. Raise the plant upwards more into the light finish the bottom half a bit longer. The sealed house is easier to keep a steady tropic to dry home which they like. I'd be happy just to harvest her and work on getting a tent.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• ZigZag
              ZigZag commented
              Editing a comment
              Good plan_ go for it.

From looking at those pics....I’d say chop her down.
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

they look ready to chop. the amber won't matter at this point...those babies look ready. If you cure them properly then they will be quite potent. Good job. FYI now that i see what your set up is it took a long time because of the lighting. If they don't get enough full spectrum, which CFL's don't provide they grow much slower.
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Harvest today.

Comment

Yup, its time to take en down. Some strains, particularly ones with "haze: genetics may not get amber trichomes, sometimes they just go to cloudy white. Once the pistils have dried and curled in then they are ready!
                  Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
                  liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

YYCannabis, I took your advice and had a smoke last night, smooth and gentle on the throat, nice and fruity and reasonably potent, and I think that's OK for seeds that came from plants in the wild. I am gonna harvest today!

I grew up in Durban City, South Africa, smoking the local weed, the landrace Durban Poison. When I left the country I took a few seeds with which came from plants growing wild and full of seeds and probably not the best. It was illegal then and the street price so cheap that nobody bothered to grow their own. A lot were grown amongst taller shrubs and trees so probably did not get sufficient light and definitely no nutrients or regular watering.

SoOrbudgal, yes good suggestion, I will take off the top growth now and then lower the lights and let the lower part mature for a bit longer.

Thanks all.

Comment

stinkhouse you gonna make seed from them? Landraces can be worth saving!

Comment

• YYCannabis
                        YYCannabis commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was going to say the same. If it’s pure landrace, I’d be breeding it for seeds.

I had no access to male plants so unfortunately no seeds. Might be returning to SA for a visit when this PLANDEMIC gets old and will grab a bunch more. They can be found free on the ground at taxi ranks, drum circles and many other places where people gather at outdoor events.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X