Mars Hydro difference between the models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mars Hydro difference between the models

So I’m looking at Mars hydro lamps right now. Because my beloved lumatek lamps which is from UK - just got double in price from 500€ to 1000€ and I can buy two Mars hydro for that price.

so my question is. What is the difference between the TS models and the FC models ? And the SP series?

I notice many have the TS series. Which I’m currently looking at - the TS3000 I’m thinking buying. dphipps1020 have almost convinced me now to buy the Mars hydro. And I think I’m about to do it now.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

I think the TS is more designed for a grow tent. I got the TS 1000 and upgraded to the TSW 2000 for my 3x3. I couldn’t imagine needing more for a 3x3. TS1000 is better suited for veg. I would only go to the TSW 3000 if you are running a bigger setup. Seems to me that the SP series is for a daisy chain grow house and not for buds. The FC series seems like it is for commercial grows.

Comment

Thanks for the input 👍🏻
      I’m running a big setup - so I need two of the ts3000
      I just wanted to hear other people opinions on the light.
      are you happy with your lamp from Mars hydro ?
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Jreb04
        Jreb04 commented
        Editing a comment
        Super happy

Captain, have you tried reaching out directly to Mars Hydro? Might be the best way to get a complete answer. And, it’ll give you an idea as to the quality of their customer service, if that’s important to you.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        A good customer support doesn’t make the lamps better.
        But no I didn’t try it. I hate talking with people in general 😂
        Because it’s still a salesman who I’m talking with. And I want to hear people experience with these lamps. But it seems that most in here is using the TS models?
        But I could try it of course, they have a EU section l.
        Good suggestion 👍🏻

I have been using a TSW2000 in my 1x1x2 meter tent for about 7 months. I like it so far.
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        And the light is good for that space ? Then I’m sure if I need the ts3000 for my space.
        Thanks for your reply 👍🏻

I have ts1000 in 2x2. It's good.
      I was going to buy a fc for my 4x4 but went with HLG 550
      the FC4800 looks like a good one's
      4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
      1x Slapz
      1x Quikz
      2x red runtz
      1x flo-see
      1x 2B blunt
      1x persian pie

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Positive- everyone who owns a Mars really like them. It’s good news. Thanks 💪🏻

I really like the FC series. Reminds me a lot of lumatek lamp. But they are sold out, and so are the SP series.
      I’m going for the TS 3000 it’s decided now I think 😅

Comment

I have the TS 3000 in my 4x4 tent, absolutely love it, my plants do great under it. My son has 3 TS 2000's and does very well in his 3 separate tents.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          4x4 is that “ft” (feet) ? In measures right ?
          Thanks for your reply. I’m thinking I’m going to buy two ts3000 when I’m back from my visit in Denmark.

Yes 4Ft. x 4Ft. tent.

Comment

I have been using the MARS HYDRO SP 250 , it has been updated recently to a newer model. I grow in a Approx 2X4 space and I love the light, with the exception of when you have two grows of different hieghts. Ok for now, but in the future will get two shorter versions of the same ight.
        Great light, little or no heat addition to the space. I try to keep it at least 19 inches above the tops.
        d
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovely reply thanks !
          The one thing that makes them interesting is they produce no sound at all like the lumatek. And this is what I’m also a little annoyed over with the Vipar, it’s so noisy. With a oscillation fan and a humidifier they make enough noise. And I don’t want a noisy lamp.

i love my ts3000 in my 4x4. best $ spent.
        If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          That I love to hear !! Thanks !

CaptainWiese91 we can compare results, I just upgraded to the vipar xs2000.
        Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Then you need the same environment, same medium, same phenotype and same nutrients. It will never work.

And the vipar model you have only uses 250w +5% and the ts3000 is using 450w + 10%. Impossible to compare the results equally

I love my Mars lights so far. Getting fatter, more dense buds and the trichome production is insane. Can't wait until I have a huge plant under it to see how it really performs. These are almost done and spent pretty much the whole flower stage under the Mars lights.
        Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful buds. It seems like the plants want and like that “sun light color” a lot more than the blue/red light. I can see it from my lumatek vs the vipar I have going right now.

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. They seem more frosty to me compared to the CMH lights I had. My autoflowers are producing bigger buds too. It may just be the strains, but there will definitely be more than my last autoflowers

I have the TSW 2000's, the newer unit has a single dimmer if you like that, I think it is also daisy chain-able for the dimmer (lights off now)(I dont use the dimmer)
        My brother and a person nearby have the TSW 1000s, everyone here likes them.
        The dif between W and L is the footprint.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I think I’m buying it 👍🏻

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they can be daisy chained. I have 4 of the TSW2000s in my 8x8, daisy chained together. I haven't dimmed them yet and probably won't so I really don't need them linked but they are anyway. The W is for wide, the L for long on the models.

My buds are fattening up nicely under a SP3000 in a 2 ft x 4 ft closet. Click image for larger version  Name:	DC2ED4E9-BBB0-40D5-A5C8-CB58BF765178.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	584.4 KB ID:	495842

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good ☺️💪🏻

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X