1st auto grow- Garilla glue advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st auto grow- Garilla glue advise

coming up on my 1st yr of continual grows and I just recently started my 1st auto flower and also a black widow fem in the bush doctors- coco loco soil inside 4X4x80” grow tent. Not sure if it’s the soil, the seeds from Barney’s farm, or just the right environment, maybe all the above? I could literally which this plant grow! Now starting 3 wk 12/12 lighting the auto has stretched up over 3’ and although they say try not to defoliate (which this doesn’t need) or top an auto, I did top because both plants are the healthiest plants I’ve grown out of 9. After topping, plant didn’t even stress out and remained in a healthy grow.
    looking for advice: my auto is doing so very well and really starting to flower but the lower stems off main branch, I’m wondering if I should cut them off to direct more energy to the upper better flowering stems and the 2 main stems? The lower buds tend to finish airy on my other grows. Any advise from advanced growers would be appreciated.

That is a really stretchy plant I must say. I think it’s safe to take the lamp a little closer.

about the branches you should have cut them off earlier, when you did the topping for example. 3 weeks after flower start I would stress it more now. But that is just my opinion
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Brianm
      Brianm commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi captain, that was my 1st post here and learning how to respond. I sent another post thinking I was responding to you so no one will understand that one.
      As to trimming lower stems, I’m only at 2nd day of 3 wk. and hoping still good to trim lowers on the very healthy plant? As to lighting, I keep top flowering buds at 18” below 600W LED. Can/should I go a bit closer?
      Any last comments would really be appreciated captain. 🙏🏻😊

I’m only 2nd day of 3rd week and is very healthy and I’d really like to do my best to get best chance at some dense buds on this grow. I keep top of mains 18” down from 600W led, can/should I go closer? Very much appreciate your option captin.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      You asked, and I gave you my 2 cents on it. If you want to cut the branches then cut the branches, it’s your plant.

What light is that LED? And is the 600 wattage the real output or does it have a lower “actual” wattage output.
      Because if it’s a real 600w output led lamp, it’s a shame you don’t have more plants in there I think

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      With the stretch and color I'd say it's probably a cheap blurple light and only pulls around 120W. I've never had an autoflower hit 3 feet tall with the right lighting.

18" is too far away, definitely move it closer than that. Also, if it's an autoflower you need longer light periods. 12/12 is only to get photoperiod plants to flower. For autoflowers you want 18+ hours of light every day. That and the light is why you're getting larfy buds. I highly recommend a better light.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X