• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to flip?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CE72ECC8-054C-4899-AED4-D5BB5B0CA68D.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	494951 Hi all! Second grow, first with photos. For these ladies look like they’re ok to flip now? Click image for larger version

Name:	38D72195-788F-49EA-8AD0-574785AEB098.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	494949Click image for larger version

Name:	2AE5AFDB-CDF4-462F-A66C-26E7750EE74C.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	494950

Depends on how much height you got left for the stretch?
    you should be asking that question to yourself instead. Only you know, when you are ready
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Assuming they are from seeds not cuttings then if you switch to 12/12 too early then they will just continue to veg until the first point that they are ready to flower. They will lose some light and that could mean they will come out of veg marginally smaller than if you absolutely nailed the timing but it is not really significant if you are there or thereabouts anyway. Assuming you are vegging them under a light powerful enough to flower them (which it looks like) immature plants will easily take on enough light during a 12 hour period to veg effectively. I have grown from seed under 12/12 before and they just flower at the point that they are ready, it's not as efficient for the reasons given but before autos came about I did it so I could have vegging and flowering plants in a single chamber. They'll roughly double in height/diameter so if you have the space then you might as well use it... even accounting for the extra ttime spent, having bigger plants at the end of veg is an easy way to get a better yield if you have the room.

Comment

Doesn't look like you.have a lot of height to your lights. If it was me ID FLIP

Comment

Man that light looks close but maybe it's the photo angle? Anyhow, best of luck we'll be watching.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E74C1175-2611-492D-B993-65A45EB5079A.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	495084 Hi guys. Thanks for the feedback! I’m learning erry day! I have a Lux meter and am keeping them btwn 65k-85k since I did switch to 12/12 last night. The light is great, very little heat and even distribution. My first grow with it went well with those parameters and so far so good.

I think I am handle them at least doubling in height before I’d have to move the exhaust fans. Just wasn’t sure if it was too strsssful for the plants but then I read last night that some ppl seed under flowering conditions for small, quick plants, and as mentioned above they won’t bud until they’re ready

fun fun stuff!

Comment

If you're just growing two in there I'd wait for sure. You have a lot of space. I'd keep vegging as horizontally as possible until you fill out the net then let them grow up from there in flowering.

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                My thoughts exactly. I would let them veg some more.

Just keep in mind that a lux meter may not be very useful for LED lights.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-far...s-light-levels
              Last edited by Rik; 03-01-2021, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X