Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to water coco

Hi guys,

First time grower, I've done a lot of reading and I'm trying not to overwater but I'm struggling with the concept when using coco. Generally I have read that soil should dry before rewatering to allow aeration, but with coco you should never let it dry out completely...? I have read that the first inch or two should completely dry out before rewatering... is this correct?? See photos, these are due for rewatering by my estimate??

Thanks

Try to lift the pot before and after watering to understand how much water is actually there. One quart por can hold 1 to 1.5 pounds of water so youll get it dont worry

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
      Try to lift the pot before and after watering to understand how much water is actually there. One quart por can hold 1 to 1.5 pounds of water so youll get it dont worry
      Thanks for response. They are getting fairly light, but as you can see in the second picture, the coco is still dark/ moist under about 1.5inches

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        You don't want yo wait until all the coco turns light in color, wet coco is easy to distinguish by feel not just color

Everything you ever wanted to know about watering coco is here I think...
      by Nebula Haze Growing cannabis in coco coir is similar to growing in soil, but also a little different. Considering all the opinions about watering out on the internet, it can be difficult to know how to water plants properly. When exactly do you water plants in coco? How much water do you give them...
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

As a new grower working on the same problem, one of the best general watering tips I’ve seen, was from NH here on GWE. I believe it was for soil, it’s helped me with coco too.
        Get one extra container the same as whatever your using, fill it with the medium you using, let it dry out completely by never watering it, and keep it handy throughout your grow. Now you know how light it should be with no water to compare.
        It’s not the whole answer(‘cause there is no one answer) , but it helped me remember just how light it is totally dry

hope that helps a bit
        KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
        Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
        Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
        Maybe some compost teas
        Blumat watering system
        Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
        3x4x6’ tent
        Photontek 465wpro
        6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
        Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          Just don't let it get to the point where it s a dry as the plantless contaner!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X