cooking super soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL cooking super soil

Making super soil, have all ingredients in a well mixed soil, direction says to leave in sun and let cook for several weeks, unfortunately its the end of winter up here in the northeast and not much sun or heat from sun.
    Has anyone used a heating pad under container to induce heat or would that be a waste?
    thanks

Hello Carlie i dig making my own soils. I got 2 very large tubs with lids. Put a tight lid on it and mix it frequently turn it over. I do mix in bat quano, worm casings an that makes it steam in there.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Carlie
      Carlie commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,thanks. I have one tub only been 6 days, I have all the supplements for SS mixed well w/ thermometer temp hasn’t budged 72 about 6 inches down.
      Am I expecting to much to soon?
      Again thanks.

Yep i think by the time season begins temps outdoors rise some will heat up inside stimulate bacteria breakdown. Mine tubs sit on gravel under carport next to building gets alittle wind/elements protection also. I think as time goes forward changes will happen in the tubs.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Are you using Subcool's recipe?

Comment

• Carlie
        Carlie commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry not using Subcool recipe, will check it out.
        Thanks

One tub probably won’t be enough to make things “cook” in there. How many gallons of soil do you have? Another thing don’t think I’ve heard of leaving in the sun? It’s supposed to stay watered and the ratios of C/N carbon to Nitrogen ratios is what makes things heat up. Not the sun lol. Don’t let it completely dry out. I honestly would recommend you check out Buildasoil.com and go read the blog page it’s full of info. Also they just started a series of how to build a soil on YouTube. The owner explains in detail what you need and how. It’s a must see kind of thing. Check it out

Comment

• Carlie
        Carlie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

I cook my soil in my grow room. It's not the same as cooking compost it's just to allow your living micros to get going balance out the ph and build a food supply for your plants. I've never noticed a temperature change like in compost
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Carlie
        Carlie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks that helps a lot. I was getting concerned, temp really not doin nothing( have digital w/ probe) but I do have a compost tumbler which I have put in all the organic amendments along with base soil. Heard about cooking soil but no temp change in 2 weeks. Am I I expecting to much to soon?
        Thanks🍀😎👍

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X