Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! question about seeds from HERM

Hi,
    I got some seeds from last year, they were on herm plant. I mean I had female plant, it flowered but produced seeds(Probably hermie), stress i dunno.
    Now I saved some seeds, they look nice, Camo like tiger, now I want to know are those seeds good to grow with. Will it go Hermie only because its genes, or can I use seeds from hermie, and get normal female plant

all depends, sometimes it's a roll of the dice. All my seeds are random hermie bag seeds and I don't have many issues come up, I've just had to kill a couple plants off over the years. Worth it if you wanna save a buck and have nothing else to plant, but not the best idea.

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      oh so you have experience with hermie seeds, what happend to plants you had to kill. And did you always get new seeds from female plants?

• dropinbiking
      dropinbiking commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had to kill off a couple seeds that came up male, or came up female and than hermed out. I get mostly female plants from all my sketchy seeds. Genetics and growth is never the best. It's starting behind the starting line that's forsure.

Howdy Cunjo420, In my experience, all of the seeds that my female plants have produced from 'nanners' in the buds, have been female plants. I'm on my fourth grow using them. The plants grown from them have produced good, quality (similar to the 'mother' plant) and yields. Some have produced more seeds and some have produced almost no seeds. I think that the 'nannering' is due to stress, either from light dtress and or heat stress.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so thankfull for your answer.
      Its really important for me to know that seeds can come from stress.
      Although, Im not sure does that mean too much low stress training and defoliation can lead to seeds

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cunjo420, I don't think that the LST causes the plants to produce the nanners. Heat above 80° F and / or light cycle interruptions (power outages or 'planned' interruptions) do stress the plants as well as stress from root rot (brown algae blooms). I have had grows that with keeping the temperature below 80° F (water temperature below 70° F) and without any light interruptions have not produced few, if any, seeds.

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      DW2 Yes, I understand. Light pollution is what I suspect was last year problem. Because I had nights in flower where maybe there was street light leak or similar, thats how I got these seeds, I hope it doesnt affect them in any way, or that it might cause plants to produce seeds for no reason even tho enviroment was perfect. Just because of genes, there are hundreds of background questions on little things that aren't 100% clarified yet, also I heard saying going on about every generation of seed is getting weaker and weaker, does that in theory means you cant grow better THC content than the plant it was gathered from.

What DW2 said. And I've seen nannering after an extended flower time, as in 'old age' nannering

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      At my age, I try to avoid using the term 'old age'! LOL!!! But it's true, in my experience that the longer in flower, nanners will show.

I've had a Primal Punch that threw a few nanners when I had to super-crop it during flower.
    It did have a few seeds in the buds after the run.
    The up-side to the freebies is that they will be feminized seeds.
    The down-side is whether the nanners were from stress or genetics.
    I'm currently running that same pheno of Primal Punch in my main room this cycle and it's AMAZING.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for feedback, I got seeds from Skunk XL last year that I grew outdoors, I did LST Pruning trimming pinching, everything you can think about. I was really looking for nanners at the time it was flowering, sadly couldnt find it. I really inspected whole plant, yes it was big and dense but I just couldnt find nanners, so till this day Im still not sure where seeds came from, even tho it had kinda big amount of seeds, but it was smokable

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X