• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrPNW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    This is a loose leaf bud but was covered with frosty close very tiny suger leaf. Yes i do save that trim but i do not use a machine and i do a closer trim with harder buds but it does not look like machine rock buds.

Leave a comment:

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    I think I ended up doing the same as you on my first trim. I snipped fan leaves off as they grew 2 weeks into flower to the end. What I had left where very tiny fan leaves which went into a “cannabutter” jar and the very, very tiny leave’ tips that look like tongues only got snipped if they were in the area I was removing fan leaves in final trim. Most of those just dried and tucked back into the bud.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    YYCannabis the really tight intertwined sugar leaf that i would have to dig into the bud with a scissor is what i mean. If i can clip a stem leaf then heck yes i remove it but i dont go deep into the bud. Thats what i mean.

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    All my sugar leaves go bye-bye. I found that if i left them in place, the weed seemed harsher on my throat and on the verge of inducing a cough. “You don’t get off...until ya cough” might have been a thing we laughed about in high school, but now i know that weed can be clean enough not to induce coughing. 😂

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I like to do larger leaf removal a day or two prior to harvest. Then i cut the branches sit at the counter a trim away, i really am enjoying that time. I don't do trims really close like dispensary weed. I too like leaving alittle suger leaf. Just did a GG#4

Leave a comment:

• UndergroundFarmer
    replied
    I hang the whole plant until dry then trim with a bowl trimmer. Any "lost" trichomes wind up in the bottom of the bowl with the trim which goes into making hash anyway! I think slow-drying makes for better smoke.

Leave a comment:

• TheKieftan
    replied
    I wet trim everything but sugar leaves I dry trim those

Leave a comment:

• MrPNW
    replied
    hairyman
    It’s kind of funny the single person to vote “I do not trim” thus far has your handle. I truly hope this doesn’t offend.
    Cheers friend.

Leave a comment:

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    Do the green glass jars block uv like the Ball amber jars do?

I’ve not seen the safety car seat for buds before or is that a child’s toilet seat to prevent any important stuff from slipping away? LOL. Love it.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Great ideas with the IR gun, handy item. Thanks for the come back!

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    Of all the sensi buds I bought in the 70s I can’t remember anyone talking about who’s had the tighter trim. LOL

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    Being my first time that’s kind of what I’m leaning towards. The only reason I keep hearing people trimming close is to make it LOOK top shelf. This is for me, outside my wife no one but my grown son even knows I grow and he’s trustworthy to keep it quiet. If I have someone over to try it, they won’t ever know where it came from. LOL
    Less work and still a fine product.

• quirk
    replied
    Thanks JeffInCanada. I just keep the temp gun handy to monitor room, foliage and soil temps. I'm with you MeEasy, never understood the tight manicure.

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with 9finger about the being careful with drying a wet trimmed plant. I just jarred a wet trim plant that was too moist to jar one day, but damn near bone dry the next.
    The reality is, losing trichs during dry trim amounts to f#ck-all in the grand scheme of things....maybe 0.001% of THC content.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X