updating my LED lighting phlizon cree cob 2000 Vs SF 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updating my LED lighting phlizon cree cob 2000 Vs SF 2000

I found this site that seems to present the SF line of lights and supports the Phlizon Cree COB LED, also
    https://growlightinfo.com/are-cob-le...lights-better/
    I was wondering what y'alls experience / thoughts / recommendations are ?
    i have a 2 x 4 inside grow area and am considering going with either a SF -2000 or a Phlizon Cree COB 2000
    Just trying to sort thru all of the reviews to get some actual user info
    We are looking at two very diff technologies SMD vs COB + LED, so some actual experience would be great
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts/comments

2x4 grow area
    using coir & perlite

What a great subject to bring up Cfsimon927 . I have 3 1/2 450 viparspectras. 1/2 one only has the blue/white diodes left on it but the other 3 are going fine. I'm looking at that Philzon Cree Cob LED 2000 and or the Viparspectra pro series. But reason i wanted COB was for outdoor tent in unheated area. The COBs would create more heat without me needing to heat the outside area. I have a 3x3x63" outside, a 4x4x72" inside. I go by head space. With these new QB lights on such a thin platform man you gain another 6" almost. I need the question you asked from the forum answered also.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I have two pro series, the P1500 and the P2000 now I'm looking at the XS series.So far I love my Pro series.

• Cfsimon927
      Cfsimon927 commented
      Editing a comment
      Testing Cheeba

Sweet, thank you

• dropinbiking
      dropinbiking commented
      Editing a comment
      XS series from vipar go pretty hard. Lm301B diodes. Not 301h's but about the best you'll get over the counter. Lots of diodes ran a little less power than most other boards, good for even spread. Onlything really better at a competitive price is a pair of lm301h boards with meanwell driver. Little more efficiency with both the diodes and drivers, and the boards spread the light a little nicer. 240w of draw on a proper quantum board, and only needing 30-35w per square foot is pretty impressive.

Timely as I am considering an upgrade. Leaning toward surface mounted diode (SMD) but interested in COB if higher PAR per watt.

Looking at the following for 3x3 tent:
    Spider Farmer SF2000, 200w, dimmable. $310
    Viparspectra XS2000, 240w. $270
    Mars Hydro TSW 2000, 300w. $260
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

I was going to pose a similar question. I'm upgrading from a tollys 1000w led. The problem i see with standard led is light penitration. I've git to keep it 36" away to avoid flying my plants, the top 12" of bud are nice but after that almost zero bud production.
      Cobs I think are the way to go. The aquarium industry have been using cob leds to grow corals for a decade or more now. If you think pot is hard to grow and are light sensitive try growing corals. They use cobs because your standard leds don't penatrate far enough into the water. So since light travels better in air than water, it would seem to me that using a cob lighting system would penatrate further down the pant when set at the same height. On a 36"tall plant that could potentially mean a considerable increase in yields. Especially when you consider with cobs you can customize the lenses to focus 98% of the light onto the plants. Correct me if I'm wrong but cobs also deliver a much smoother spectrum. Considering that light penatration is one of the major drawbacks over hps im surprised the cannabis hasn't embraced cob technology like the aquarium industry. Cree cob lights are the shiznit in coral communities.
      That being said i can't argue with the results guys are getting with quantum boards and smd technology. I just cant seem to duplicate them. So like you I sit here and drive my wife nuts trying to figure out which light to get.
      Phlizon cre 1000w cob (cree best cob led on the market) or
      viparspectra 2020 pro series p1000. I'm leary on this as its fan less and I worry about the the individual lights cooking.
      3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
      1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
      1000w Tolys led (burple)
      Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
      Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
      No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

I usually chime in on these posts telling people that whatever they decide to buy, that it be properly safety tested and certified. for an electrical item that generates heat and draws a fair amount of power over a period of at least 18 hours every day for at least 8-10 weeks (autoflower) .... don't chance it.

Unfortunately very few manufacturers (especially China) have the proper safety certifications. When purchasing make sure it has an ID tag and decal identifying it as one of the following certifications: UL (USA), CSA (Canada) or ETL (Europe).

The only ones I know of in the LED Market are from ViparSpectra and even then only certain models.

They are a decent brand and work well for cannabis growers. I believe even Nebula Haze, the co-founder of GWE, has some information on this brand.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Yes that newest Vipar XS series is also looking nice.

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• MrMagic
            MrMagic commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been eyeballing the xs series as well. I see you and alot of others use vipar products. We have similar grow spaces whats ur opinion on the P-series particularly the 1000 for a 3x3x7. I really like the idea of a dimmer switch untill I get the bulk of my issues sorted out.

• dropinbiking
            dropinbiking commented
            Editing a comment
            P series use older diodes and less efficient power supply. Still run great though. If price is a huge difference, Go for the larger P series vs smaller XS series. If price is similar go for XS series, they just are more efficient, not a lot, but for the small price difference, it's worth investing in, because the way the chips are driven, and the fact that it will usually be dimmed to some level for parts of the grow, means it will run for years and years, with very little degredation of light.

Morning MrMagic i do not recall the watts from the wall for that one. I'm no techie just go by others an reviews by those who have purchased. So i'm by NO MEANS a expert on lights but man others here got skills in that area. Anything that draws 200watts from the wall is how i look at lamps.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

I don’t know if people are familiar with this guy, I think he probably knows what what he talking about. He tests and lists a lot of lights including some of those models, it may be worth a look if your shopping.

I have tested 16 of the best grow lights for a 4ft x 4ft or 1.2m x 1.2m grow tent and compare them for PAR output, efficiency and value for money.
            KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
            Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
            Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
            Maybe some compost teas
            Blumat watering system
            Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
            3x4x6’ tent
            Photontek 465wpro
            6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
            Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes i've seen his videos Smallgrow it's me LOL can't make a friggin choice

Happy Friday grow friends,
            Anyone familiar with Sonofarm lights? I’m very close to pulling the trigger on the their PRO Series 2000 for $230. Shout out to
            MeEasy for mentioning them in another post.
            Perfect footprint for my tent size, same wattage but an upgrade from my blurple led. US based start-up company with aggressive pricing. Apparently a knockoff of SF which is knockoff of HLG.
            2nd choice is vipar xs2000 with 240 watts for $270.
            Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

• MeEasy
              MeEasy commented
              Editing a comment
              I did mention them and I still think they're good lights but comparing the ppfd maps it's worth the $ for the vipar 240w same parts but one has more watts

• Cheeba
              Cheeba commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know. Trying to find out if that vipar model is UL certified.

• MeEasy
              MeEasy commented
              Editing a comment
              I was told Vipar is actually the only led that is UL certified. I've never verified it but why lie about that? Well unless you work for Vipar lol I don't think this person does

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X