Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this plant a hermie or just mutant growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this plant a hermie or just mutant growth?

Hey guys,

I have never had a hermie before. I've never seen what male plants look like/ball sacks look like in real life, only internet photos.

I had an accident in my tent with young clones. Basically, I moved a bunch of young clones into the tent, and the light setting was wrong for about 2-3 weeks (was on flowering time schedule instead of veg).
    After 2-3 weeks, I realized there was a problem when I noticed a ton of preflowers on all the clones. I immediately changed the light schedule back to veg.
    The plants went through their usual revert-weird-monster phase with single leaves etc, but one plant, in particular, has grown extremely weird only producing single leaves. There are also numerous small "cone" shaped leaves in the corners throughout the plant.

It's now time to set it back to the flower schedule, but I'm concerned about the appearance of possible hermies.

Below are pics of the mutant monster plant in question. All of these weird mutant leaves grew in while it was in veg state, so I think it's just weird mutant leaves, but I'm concerned it could be a sign of being a hermie? There aren't any preflowers yet on any of the plants, so I'd expect the hermie stuff to appear at that point or??

Can anyone on here let me know if these are fine and just mutant leaves, or should I isolate the plant, or chop it, or ???
    The main reason why I believe these are just mutated small leaves is because it grew this way while under Veg light schedule.

The pictures are a bit disorienting but zoom in progressively.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by renz1985; 02-22-2021, 06:59 PM.

Except for the one leaf in picture number 5, that don't look like any pot plant I've ever seen.

Comment

LOL.

Yea I've done a lot of monster cropping, and this clone was from a flowering plant, then put into a soft daylight schedule until the clone developed roots, then put into flower light schedule for 3 weeks, then back to veg.

So ya it grew totally mutant lol.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well you know this plant gave me shivers i hate reveg did 8 large outdoor last year. It takes so long for them to grow strong but if you don't care good luck. It is not a " mutant " it's a reveg gone wild.

Okay i did more research and it actually looks okay for a monster cropped plant. Just, mine is more extreme lol.

Here is a picture of a monster cropped plant and it has the same weird corner leaves:

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Why "Monstercrop" a Marijuana Plant? What Strain Works Best? Monstercropping to Increase Yields Indoors
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the way they look nothing weird about reveg leaf that's how they look all curly twisted takes forever for them to grow 5 finger leaf. I will throw them out before i waste my time on them ever again. Sorry i just dispose of them LOL

Too bad I didn't take pictures of my two Ghost Train Haze boys. I only just today got to see what a male plant in real life looks like! Good luck with your monsters. I've done some crazy stuff with revegged Purple Haze and got one plant to produce absolutely stupid amounts of bud because of it.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Your plant is freaking me out. Looks more like peppers than weed.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Good eyes.... made me smile thinking about it

• renz1985
          renz1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          lol i grow pepper plants in the front of the house and I think the same thing

Thats reveg for sure, not mutant at all, as SoOrbudgal said they take forever.

Comment

It'll straighten out eventually.
          Revegging involves quite a bit of hormonal changes in the plant, so it'll look wonky for a bit.
          I don't think it should create any issues other than lost time.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X