Humidifier help!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidifier help!?

Can anyone recomend a really good humidifier for a small tent, it must have a variable humidity function humidistat that's accurate! I'm on my second now, first one had a big tank but couldn't set a specific humidity. Second one I got yesterday...humipro 4L but the humidistat is garbage! My other humidity reader says it's 60% but the humidifier says it's 20 and tries to compensate thus pumping out too much. I put it on stilts pretty much as the vent is on the bottom but it didn't make much difference.

Would prefer to buy in the UK but if there is any international guys that know a really good one that's around £50 or $70

Hi Gordon! I’m sorry to say that over the years I have never been able to find any commercial product with an onboard humidistat that wasn’t garbage, be it a humidifier or dehumidifier. If you find one let us know, and I hope someone can suggest one here, but I wouldn’t bet on it. They’re probably all using the same cheap garbage sensors with the same cheap garbage technology. Aside from that, the physical location of the humidistat within the humidifier unit doesn’t lend itself to getting an accurate reading of the humidity in the room, especially because it is in close proximity to its mist output!

Comment

I have one, and it can do both. Make humidity and remove it or lower it. And it can contain 10 L in the tank. And I believe mine is saying the right humidity on the machine, because all my other hygrometers say the same as the machine
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• grouchyoldman
        grouchyoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Captain, what is the make and model of the device you use? It sounds ideal.

I’ve not used it but this one caught my eye for a summer purchase.

Homech Top Fill Humidifiers,4L Smart Air Humidifier
      3 Cool Mist Level Adjustable,AI Mode,12H Timer,Sleep Mode,28dB Quiet Ultrasonic Humidifiers for 15-40 Hours Run Time-Black (HM-AH005)

white version here

video
      Last edited by MrPNW; 02-19-2021, 09:41 AM.

Equipment
      5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
      ———————————————————————————————————-
      1st Grow
      Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
      Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
      Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

I have bubblegummed it for now...if I set the humipro to maintain a constant 45%, its actually keeping it steady at 72%. With my plants all under 3 weeks this should be fine for now right?

captain what is the Make and model?

MrPNW that does look like a good one, looks like same functionality as mine but a different shell. I like the top loading feature though that's great. How you finding the spider farmer? I've only got a 250w HPS as a start up, once I have a few harvests under my belt I will upgrade every aspect of my grow and was looking at a review for this light on seed to stoned just before.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          The name is becken.
          I bought it because the size of the container on 10 L.

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          I love my SF especially the dimmer. Turns out this strain for my first grow does not like bright light. The leaves would get yellowing and start twisting. During veg I had to keep the way up 5’ from the floor and at 60%. As the plants grew it was 30” @70%. I wasn’t able to go closer or higher until flower and now am at about 20” @ 100%.

I ended up buying the humidifier (white version) for my bedroom. Bad neck forces me to sleep on my back and I wake up with dry mouth and throat, very painful. Hopefully this will solve that and helped with my stuffy nose from my cat.

I tried googling the 10L Becken but nothing comes up. What it the link to that big humidifier?

Hey Gordon86 , I will refer you to my post on Feb 17 @ 2:06 US Mountain Time on this very subject. I've been using a reptile humidifier/fogger with a remote sensor hygrometer controller for 8 weeks now and it is working great. The remote sensor and my inside hygrometer read within 3% to 5% all the time so I trust it. All the info on it is in that post so check it out. I bought it from Amazon so I don't know if it will ship to you in the UK. I even refered it to this site administrator, Sirius, and he has agreed to check it out but that may take some time. I just looked and inside reads 41% and remote reads 44%.but in my dry desert location it is 29% outside. Good Luck! Oh, the title of the post is: "A few thoughts on Low Humidity Control".
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

TOKABIGONE thanks I will check that out. Where abouts are you? Yeah it's a little higher over here I'm near Liverpool in North England so grey clouds, rain and humidity is what we got 80% of the time Haha.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in N AZ mountains at 4000 ft. Very dry here all the time, RH range from 15% to 35% in winter and temp from 25F to 55F. Summer is the tough time to grow with day temps average mid 90's F and RH sometimes in single digits. Gotta have a humidifier then for sure and ac too! Better to grow a year supply in winter here.

I’m a pretty new grower, but I went through 3 humidifiers trying for the same thing as you with zero results.
          my solution was a basic humidifier with an analog mist volume dial and on/off switch (so it will come back on if the power goes out).
          Then plug that into a proper controller like an Inkbird or similar and have that control the humidifier. Works great

Comment

• Gordon86
            Gordon86 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've not sent back my analog one yet, it's a good idea depending on how cheap the ink bird is ( no pun intended) ha. I will look into that.

• Gordon86
            Gordon86 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok..I've bought it already. £34 on Amazon, and in theory is exactly what I need. And i can keep my original humidifier with the bigger tank. Thank you!

I just use a bucket of open water. Combined with the heat and the fans in the room, it creates a natural humidity level. Never had to use more than that. but then I don't grow more than 4 plants at a time cause I'm not allowed
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Gordon86
            Gordon86 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think the weather conditions in the UK make a bucket of water hard to master Haha. I love the simplicity but I want something I can control every aspect of.

Hope it works out well , it did for me.
          Don’t forget to look to YouTube for programming help. Once you do it, it is pretty straight forward, but the included instruction are not super easy to understand.
          I use a Inkbird temp controller to manage my space heater using the same principals, also works well

Comment

• Gordon86
            Gordon86 commented
            Editing a comment
            It came today and I have already seen a few vids and programmed it. Had a little trouble calibrating it though. I have another hygrometer in there that I think is a little more accurate and at first there seemed to be a 9% difference, but it kept changing. Eventually I got it so it was within 2% of the other sensor at all times. I will look into the temperature one soon. I have a small oil heater in there at the moment on a timer that does the job for now but as it gets warmer I will have re think my fans too.

• MrPNW
            MrPNW commented
            Editing a comment
            Gordon86
            I had similar issue with trying to calibrate as well. The issue it the constantly changing conditions in a grow tent. Even banding the Inkbird and my Govee hygrometer together were still slightly off. There’s fans blowing, one might be slightly facing the light or heater more and so on. To truly calibrate all these devices they would need to be in a vacuum together where everything is the same. But even if you did so they end up back in the tent. I got mine within 3 degrees and was happy with that.

These Inkbird controllers are great and having them control both heating/cooling or humidify/dehumidify simultaneously makes thing so easy.

• Gordon86
            Gordon86 commented
            Editing a comment
            It came today and I have already seen a few vids and programmed it. Had a little trouble calibrating it though. I have another hygrometer in there that I think is a little more accurate and at first there seemed to be a 9% difference, but it kept changing. Eventually I got it so it was within 2% of the other sensor at all times. I will look into the temperature one soon. I have a small oil heater in there at the moment on a timer that does the job for now but as it gets warmer I will have re think my fans too.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X