No announcement yet.

Virgin auto run oh and journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update = the three never came up good thing I dropped replacement seeds right away. I planted the replacements this morning should have a better turnout I had tried leaving the seeds in a cup to sprout this time instead of staying with my normal paper towel method which was obviously a mistake 🤔 I don't see why it would be different as long as they get a tap root but for some reason I lost more than normal
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never tried anything else than sowing them straight in the soil like Mother Nature would have done.
      It’s easier to keep dark and moist than in a paper towel

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Water peroxide must be used just for a few seconds to sterilize the seeds surface and then drop into clean water, leaving the peroxide mixed with the water may be the reason they didnt gerninate

• HobbitGDF
      HobbitGDF commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm also a straight to soil kind of grower.
      I have best success with that.

I never used the peroxide method but may in the future for the older photo seeds i got.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been using peroxide water to soak them in since the mid 90s but the lady that showed me how said to move them to paper towels after 24 hours and that's how I've doing it. I read that you can just leave them in cups until they were ready so I figured I'd try it and either the seeds were not good or the method was not good. It is curious that 2 of the 3 that didn't come up were the same strain but they all had tales when I planted them. It's always possible that it was operator error I've messed up more expensive shit then that in my life 🙃

All 8 are above ground and seem to be healthy enough to live, this grow has so many firsts for me, 1st autos, 1st time I tried to germ completely in a cup (no p towels) big mistake imo 50% failed (could be as 9fingerleafs said soaking in the peroxide water mix I normally leave em 24 hours in cups and transfer to p towels) to grow and I used cup to p towels on replacements 100% are up, and 1st time I planted straight into forever home pots I have always used some kind of starter pot mainly so I can fix any normal seedling flaws like long or crooked stems but it seems to be doing okay so far. I treated these with bit juice this morning (soaked mosquito bits strained) not necessarily to water them but to wet the living soil to keep it moist and I've been seeing a few gnats in all my tents

I just popped a couple photos for the other 2x4 purple skunk and Gelato OG thought I'd share
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      That's now my go to way also MeEasy with the seeds. I just did that solution yesterday, then back into the towel, tomorrow if no show both get tossed. My other 2 seeds sprouted in 24hrs, into there permanent homes under the t-5 now.

Good luck. You got this. Man I'm still having issues. Idk if its cause the filter water or me not ph'ing.
    I'm about to start my 1st full photoperiod grow.

Have you heard of geoflora? It's like earthdust. same size, about same price. I'm thinking of trying.
    I always just plant the seed straight to soil in 4gal pot. Dome.
    &
    about 90% success with that. For me.
    I fail worse other ways of germ.

Lookin forward to your flowers on these.
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

Comment

• HobbitGDF
      HobbitGDF commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah this grow has had the full treatment of ED. It was my last one that was 1/2 treatment.
      Yes it is a carbon filter.
      I also have the shaker bottle of plant microbes and probiotic. I will.add some In next watering. I dont think i ever let them dry tho. Maybe to wet really
      Could it be caused by overwatering?

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      It can be it's been probably the hardest part for me, getting the watering right and I think I still don't have it right which is why I am putting the p probiotics on them to make sure the soil has enough life. It's hard to change from watering when it is dry to trying to keep it from getting dry. The way I'm doing it now is a half gal skip two days a quart skip a day then a half gal again it seems to be keeping it better idk. Keep in mind this is only my third round with this stuff. Once I get back to feeling better I'm gonna try the stuff from kis organics it similar to ed. I really enjoy playing with different types of training, defoliation techniques, and light schedules just different shit to see what happens and since I bought new lights and tents I have to start all over with some stuff I had already done but under the cheap blurple lights. Hell I will probably try adding the blurple lights back into my little experiments lol

• HobbitGDF
      HobbitGDF commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I am overwatering. Your dead on when you say that its tricky getting it right. I always have runoff. I need to cut that out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210305_122922.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	496248 the others are fine, it's just this one Click image for larger version

Name:	20210305_122932.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	496249Click image for larger version

Name:	20210305_122926.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	496250
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

Comment

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nebula put this article out sometime last year and I find alot of stuff that is being blamed on ph could definitely be overwatering but it's hard to convince someone when they have been growing for a long time that they have a plant being sensitive to their watering habits. Look at all the different shit that could be a simple watering issue that I'm guilty of flushing a plant for only for it to get worse instead of better. How many times did I flush for a watering issue?

by Nebula Haze This overwatered cannabis seedling is drooping from being given too much water too often. If you’ve got droopy cannabis plants, you’re not alone. Overwatering is one of the most common problems faced by cannabis growers. Giving too much water to your cannabis plants doesn’t mean you’re a bad grower. In fact, overwatering...

• HobbitGDF
      HobbitGDF commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. All signs say overwater.

Just a quick update on the auto girls, seedlings are just not that exciting but they wanted a drink today so I took a pic. I'm sure you can tell which ones I had to re-pop the seeds if you can't you will probably be needing a new hobby soon 😉 lol. Have a good evening or morning, afternoon, middle of the night for our other parts of the world neighbors
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at those little kindergardeners LOL I'm having strike outs with germ. seeds. I'm using old seeds who knows they are also autos. Been doing all the tricks of the trade to get them cracked. Those plants look good to me soon they will all be covering that tent floor SOG

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like that earth dust is working well!

They definitely look healthy so you doing them good!

Comment

Update = the ladies are still just babies or so I thought 🤔 I actually topped one of the wedding cake this morning. I sure hope it wasn't a mistake doing it because it already has some preflower action happening just the first calyx with pistils but I've never seen a plant this small go into flower except in pictures so it made me a little uneasy about topping it. The rest are still coming along. It was 3 weeks ago today that the first 4 sprouts were planted and 2 weeks tomorrow on the other 4. I'm thinkin the growth might be a little slow which could be from the temperature nights are getting down in the mid to upper 60s days mid to upper 70s i know with photos that it's ok but I can add a week to their veg. I guess we'll see 👀
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I was and am in your same temp ranges. Yes it's slows down growth from what i see on mine. Wow that's pretty quick on that pre flower but they do that some strains. Over all i think you'll see if your temps get above 75 they'll perhaps stretch more and spread out? But i'm sure you may know this.......mine are doing OK slow growing even the photos because of these temps in my other tent that is not in a sealed room it's exposed to outdoor temps. Makes it real challenging but i love it, keeping them green & healthy. LOL Yours look very healthy

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I top my autoflowers at the sixth node - gives you 8 colas.

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks budgal I've read so many different auto tutorials n articles and like everything else on the internet every other one contradicts what the other ones say so I definitely appreciate input from you guys/gals I trust. So please correct me if I'm forking up

Canuck I topped between 5 n 6 is that where you are meaning

Update = I snapped a couple pics while watering this morning and wanted to share. I've topped 3 so far and just tucking leaves for now to share some light with the bottom branches that are trying to poke their head up 🤞
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Very good growth i think MeEasy. Did topping the WC have any slow down? Sure look good from my angle.

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think it slowed down at all the next morning the top two leaves were droopy but by the afternoon they were trying to hold up the light. I've topped the two in front middle and the one in the back rt corner. Just the one WC is showing preflower

Awsome that's the way it needs to be.

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Good morning all, I need some clarification/advice from my autoflower growing neighbors 😀 I topped the last three this morning so all 8 are topped. Because I have so many different strains in there I had a couple plants trying to stretch so I cranked up the light which caused a couple of em to have almost no space between nodes. I wanted to do a little defoliation on a couple to give some air n light down in the plants. I don't find any auto specific defoliation instructions just a few places that say not to defoliate autos. Some have leaves dragging the ground and others have fans covering up and affecting the growth of the lower branches

My question is, is it ok to defoliate and if yes how much can I do without hurting their feelings? Can I defoliate them like I would any normal photo?
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I sure do remove the " knuckle draggers " leaf on soil and i wait till i see budlets then remove the inside big fans just like my photos but not as much removed at first flower. After in bloom say 3wks i re evaluate if need any more removed. Yes the autos are tiny spaced between nodes until they stretch. Your grow looks happy

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks gal that was what I was thinking, I just keep seeing shit saying not to touch them or the world is gonna stop spinning 🙀

• HobbitGDF
          HobbitGDF commented
          Editing a comment
          I remove like normal. If anything space it out over couple days and the will be ok

Update = just wanted to show everyone the progress the girls have made. I cleaned up a handful of the lowest leaves the other day and another handful today. WC 1 is moving right along I was concerned that it was so short when it started showing preflower but it has surprised me in how much it has grown (pic 1) the rest are coming up pretty good to and a couple others are starting to show some pistils
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• RetiredGuy
          RetiredGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good!

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Plants looks real good in there. Lots of green. Do the gnats effect the plants much? Are the pineapple stickies enough to hold them at bay? Still a bit too cold here in the great white north where I am for bugs but they will sure be around soon.

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          I treat the gnats with mosquito bits soaked in water strain out the bits and use the water as you normally would. This takes care of the larvae the sticky traps get the adults. There's quite a few on these sticky traps because I left the soil in there for nearly a month wetting it once a week and didn't notice that the gnats had infested the tent before I planted. I've been busy with some shit and wasn't paying attention

Look at them grow these autos just are amazing 1 month nearly and they show preflower on some. Go little gals don't slow down.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

They are moving quick, cant wait to see them pre buds

Comment

Nice work MeEasy. I love autos, so fun to grow. Autos stretch like crazy. Get ready cause your about to have a full tent. In my experience around the second week of flower they take off.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X