Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Mars Hydro ts1000 intensity?

Hi guys

I'm just wondering, if you're using the mars hydro ts1000 dimmable light, what is the distance you keep it from your plants during the grow? I'm on week 4 and because the plants didn't stretch too much on a early period I tried to dim the lights on 25% at 24", but on the website it says to keep it at a 24" distance but on 50-60% intensity and it seemed to high for me. My problem is that the new growth seems a bit twisted and not pretty at all and I realise it may be because of lack of light. They're photoperiod GG#4 on coco/perlite and I feed them 0.9 EC, 5.8 pH. Any ideas please?
    Thanks buds.
    Attached Files

You got a bit of leaf damage there,looks like your plants are being munched.
    Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
    Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
    Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
    Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
    Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
    Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
    Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
    Pots=12l fabric
    Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Comment

george66 thanks man, I did another post just now saying that I topped them and lst at the same time, could it be the stressed caused by it being too much? I hate being a noob at this!

Comment

Topping with LST shouldn't stress it too much, I just did it last night with a few of my clones and threw in a transplant on top of that. Going to go look at them in a few minutes and see how bad they look 😂

On another note, your light is too high/weak. I have my Mars lights at less than 24" (at maybe 18") at 100%. They're the TS2000 and TS3000 but the manual doesn't say specifically for just one model, they're all the same according to the recommended heights. At least that's what I got from it. Hope that helps.

Comment

When plants are healthy growing fast a toping or LST will not hurt them.......key is a healthy plant
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

dphipps1020 thanks brother. It always helps when you reply man. Ok, I'm going to my plants to get them the right amount of light right now. Thanks again bud!

Comment

Any time. I'll be posting an update on my grows some time today or tomorrow, then you can kind of see my distances. Depends on when I get everything done really. Hoping for today but I just want to be lazy 😂

Comment

Ok my man I'll be waiting to see how your setup is 😉
                Thanks bro

Comment

Also, I just realized you said you wanted the stretch. I thought I did too at first but it's better if they're shorter and wide. Taller doesn't always produce more buds, I found that out the hard way. Basically your light is only going to be good down to about 18", so your goal is to have as many bud sites as you can in that space. Ultimately you want them stacked on top of each other so every bud site is getting about the same intensity of light, creating one long fat cola on each branch. I'm still working on this myself because I run out of patience before they grow out wide and just decide to let them get taller and flip. We'll get there eventually right? 😂

Comment

Yeah bud I think I know wht you're talking about but the ladies were sooo short that I thought I might have done something wrong... later I realized it was genetics first of all that was making them that way and that they get bigger around this time. And they do grow at least double the size in flower, right?
                    Man, tell me aboit it, I'm impatient just to see them covering a bit more of the space and I'm only growing in a 2.6x2.6 so it should be quick but I just started lst anyway so... oh well, due to this shit virus I have all the time in the world fortunatelly, now, patience is a completely different matter.
                    Thanks again guys, you're good as always 👊

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X