Need input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need input

I'm having trouble figuring out whats going on with my plant. I've read all over the main site, problems page, ext.... I can't seem to get a handle on this. Let me know what you guys think.
    Green Crack Auto
    2.5 weeks old
    Soil - mix of pro mix and natures living soil
    Light - Growers Choice Roi- 680e, 25" above canopy
    Water - PH 6.4 - 6.8. Water every 3 to 4 days
    Water run off - 6.7
    Nutrients ​​​​​​- Natures Living Soil concentrate, no other nutrients added
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

could be overspray of the nutrients, assuming you are using them. at 2.5 weeks if you are using soil that is premium/rich then it likely has enough nutrients in it for at least 4 weeks.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      No overspray as I'm not using liquid nutrients. Only source of nutrition is the living soil.

how are you measuring your ph?

Comment

billyboy I use a bluelab ph digital tester. Regularly calibrated.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Did you read up about phosphorus deficiency?
        Maybe it could be the start of it ?
        as your Ph seems to be fine ?
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I currently have 3 autos and 3 photos going with living soil (6wks in now) and noticed yesterday my leaves are starting to show some deficiencies like yours. Since all the nutrients are already in the soil I'm going to ride it out and see how it goes since this was a trial run for me. We’ll see how it goes, may be my one and only living soil grow. I like the simplicity but I don’t generally get deficiencies using FF trio

Comment

bboyfromwayback I agree. Seems like a simple way to grow but I've been plagued with issues that I can't seem to diagnose.

CaptainWiese91 I've looked into but not 100% if it is or not phosphorus issues. I can try adding some in my next watering.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              I just noticed the leaves last night so I haven’t had time to research how to correct deficiencies in living soil. I’ll read up on it later but I may ride it out just to see how it goes beginning to end for a true evaluation
              Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 02-17-2021, 09:05 AM.

What type of pro-mix are you using ? My first time with organic with perlite in the bag. I have similar issues like yours put worst now. I'm wondering if it affect my ph even if it's around 6.5 before putting in the soil. You know like 6.5 in the container but no clue after it is in the soil. Also i made the mistake of adding 50% more perlite in the mix when it had already have 30%in the bag.

So I'm not sure if I should get another one of those probe meter.!
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Me either before the PRO-MIX. Before it was a Fafard soil I was using, a Canadian brand I believe. Look the girls are in the 12/12 this week and they don't stretch and worse the brown spots are still showing on the new leaves. Maybe I should go back to my old soil and screw the PRO-MIX.

• PLreef
              PLreef commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm about to do the same.... I've always heard great things about pro mix.

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal I don't know if it's me and I screw up with the perlite and the PRO-MIX but it looks that the girls is not retaining their food when I feed them, it looks like my water is draining faster than usual. And yes I went on different sites and some are having the same problems and others not. So I wonder is it me .
              Last edited by Farmbuck; 02-17-2021, 01:37 PM.

Man oh man i really hate hearing this. Any of you guys go to any review sites about this product are others experiencing the same thing? PLreef and Farmbuck. This is just a too frequent event i know others are out there and on this site.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal I did a quick Google search. Farmbuck were not the only ones. Other growers are complaining about similar issues on the interweb. Not sure what the answer is though. I'm gonna try feeding regular liquid nutes (Technaflora) with this plant at a PH of 6.8 and see if it makes a difference. I know I'm using living soil and I'm not supposed use ( let the lashing begin) salt based nutrition but im going out on a limb here and trying it. Maybe they are not getting the proper food with Pro Mix and Natures Living Soil?? I don't know what else to try.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Keep us posted

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok sir !! I have nothing to loose so I'm thinking of feeding them this Friday some Nitro full strength I'm running out of options.

why not try changing at least one plant to coir and add some of the Nature's Living Soil concentrate? start adding nutrients to that one every other watering and see what happens. I have also read the Pro Mix isn't what you should be using cause it can contain shit that you are unaware of. Pro Mix mixed with Nature's living soil may be the problem. It could be that since both contain nutrients, the mix is too much for the plants.

Maybe give this a good read https://www.growweedeasy.com/review-...owing-cannabis
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

@PLreef I hope this will help us.

Also I was thinking maybe the pro-mix bring down my PH so here goes, my tap is at 7.0 so i'll try with a PH of 7.0 and we will see non ?
                Last edited by Farmbuck; 02-17-2021, 06:32 PM.
                Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                Full auto grow
                Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• PLreef
                  PLreef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very interesting. I've found similar type comments on the interweb. I just feed my girls cal mag and nutes at ph6.8. We'll see if they continue to go down hill.

So I finally made a decision last night.... I was pissed off looking at my plants, two grows in a row going to shit because of the substrate I'm using. If they don't improve by Sunday I'm pulling them and not wasting any more time. Last night I ordered enough FFOF and FFHF to fill an Olympic sized swimming pool. It's worked great for me in the past and I'm going back to it coupled with Technaflora nutes. Done...
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmbuck
                  Farmbuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PLreef I've done mine a few nights ago. Ain't going back to the PRO-MIX anymore, Better yet I'm going to my Fafard soil. Out of 24 I've got maybe 4 left.
                  Last edited by Farmbuck; 02-18-2021, 01:24 PM.

• Bowhunterwoody
                  Bowhunterwoody commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey PLreef. Did you mix HF & OF and if so what ratio? I just bought both and was going to to do 45/45 with 10 percent more perlite.

Just to be clear, you guys are having issues with pro-mix specifically and "super soil" (bottom 1/3, etc...) as opposed to a "living soil"? I'm starting to mix my next batch of soil with Earth Dust this afternoon, my first time with it, and this thread has added a bit of trepidation. I'll be using about 7 gallons of lightly used Ocean Forest, about 2 gallons of new and the balance of compost. The bag of compost is full of fungus gnats so I have a couple gallons of water with a mosquito dunk in it that will be the first watering before I put in the ED this weekend.
                TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
                EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
                AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
                IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

OlderNOTwiser. Personally I used pro mix with natures living soil and around 30% perlite.

Bowhunterwoody the soil is coming on Monday. I'm gonna do a 50/50 mix FFOF and FFHF and add around 25% perlite
                  5x5 Gorilla tent
                  Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                  Technaflora nutes
                  Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
                    Bowhunterwoody commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks PLreef. I used straight ffof last year and it was a little hot for a while. Better luck on the next one.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X