Autos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autos?

I am a new grower I have two Northern lights autos one 4&1/2 weeks one 3 weeks from ilgm one Amnesia haze auto from ilgm 4 weeks old two Six shooter autos from Oregon elite seeds one 4 weeks one two weeks my question is shouldn't the ones that are at least a month old be starting to flower by now? I see many bud sights and pistols but no flowers forming like I said this is my first grow and really don't know what I'm looking at as far as flowering what's the chance they are not autos plants are healthy I'm under a spider farmer sf 2000 about 80% approx 20 inches above canopy. Am I doing something wrong or just being impatient lol.

Bud sites with little white hairs growing out of them are the “flowers”. Cannabis plants don’t actually grow “flowers” like a rose or daisy, but rather a collection of little buds (aka calyx) that grow as a cluster. These clusters are what is referred to as a flower, but they certainly aren’t what most gardeners think of when they picture a “flower” in their mind. Autos from various strains will switch from veg to flower at different times and not always right on 28 days. I’ve had some from the same strain start to flower almost 2 weeks apart when everything has been identical in the growth/light/feed schedule.

Also, you could increase that light to 100% power. Light is food, and your plants are big enough to feast on the added photons. Just keep an eye on the top growth for signs of light stress. If you see unusual new growth (leaves look twisted/distorted) then move the light away from the plant by a few inches.

Be patient. Keep close eye on the plants. Follow their lead. You will soon be rewarded with nuggets of joy. 👍
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah my Pennywise during veg and early flower did not like my SF4000 turned up high even at 30”. Every time I tried turning it up higher than 60 in veg they yellowed fast and new leaves twisted. It wasn’t until recently I could lower the light and crank to 100. The Dr Meter Lux meter sure made dialing in during veg for this strains a lot easier. Even then I found out they preferred the lower end of GWE’s lux level chart. I went with this one, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LF4BT8V

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      I use an app on my phone, I don't know if the actual numbers are correct but it tells you where any hot spots are and more importantly when the light starts dropping off around the edges when you lower your lights. I've started to arrange my plants to the footprint of my light, I put short plants in the middle tall ones around the edges so I can drop the light down lower making the tall ones closer to the light but because they are out on the edge where the light is not as strong

Hi Delucia21
    Great looking plants! If you are doing anything wrong, it ain't much. It looks to me that those bud sites are about ready to really kick into flowering. I'd leave them for a bit, give them another week for the oldest plants. What light schedule are they on?
    Last edited by JeffInCanada; 02-16-2021, 10:57 PM.
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

Hi Delucia21 these guys have your questions covered so I'll just say welcome to the neighborhood and just add if you are feeling impatient now just wait for a month when it starts to stink really pretty and you have to wait another month for harvest lol good luck 🌲😜
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        And another month for cure!

Hi, I have a northern lights and a lemon, both autos at 5 weeks and they look a lot like yours. It is my first grow and I think they look and act healthy but I'm waiting to see all those big buds too!

The branches that support those big fat beautiful buds aren't thick enough yet and the plant knows it. It will produce more and more buds as the stems gets stronger.

These folks here will usually have a solid answer to good questions just try to study up some at GWE so you will understand the answers better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210215_124311.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	491300Click image for larger version

Name:	20210215_115214.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	491301 ​​​​​​​
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        It will happen ya'll will get some pistils when she decides to do her thing

I can speak to the Northern Lights...they like lots of light, more than most so if you are on 18/6 move up to at least 20/4. I too would go full power on the light but move it up ao about 28 inches from the top of the plant canopy.

Autos will start to flower that early. some strains of autos faster than others. IF you aren't sure of the other Autos...wait till week 8. if they haven't started to flower than they are likely photoperiod and you can let em grow as big as you want. when you want them to start flowering you switch them to a 12/12 light schedule.

Most growers tend to grow one or the other type (Auto of Photo) in one grow because of the difference in the light schedules. It can be done with both but some, like me, do it for convenience.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell yeah! Northern Lights auto is a beast when given massive amount of light and nutrients. Easiest damn auto that i think every new grower should start with. It’s a huge producer (i just jarred 7oz/210g from one) and the smoke is great. It can withstand some mistakes that new growers will make.

Check this out though this northern lights auto is almost 6 weeks old I broke the main top off doing lst and it's now 22 inches tall it's got pistols and some signs of flowers but not much am I tripping on nothing ? Shouldn't it be farther into flower? fkn thing keeps growing.. passed up my other plants heading for the light . This is my first grow and I'm having a blast but I have no experience with any thanks to investing in some decent equipment you tube and some common sense I think I'm doing ok.
      any thoughts for me? thanks

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Patience. She’s just starting flower. She will grow quickly the next few weeks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X