Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Snapped branch!

Hi guys I need some help here.
    I topped my plant on the 4th node yesterday and it was looking good. But today I was bending the leaf branch on that node, so the bottom ones could get more light and it snapped clean. It is one of the first set of 7 finger leafs. What should I do? Do you think it will recover? It's a 3 week photoperiod GG#4. I really don't know what to expect now 😪 damn noob!
    Thanks growers.

All is well

Comment

Just keep an eye on her.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I'd be more worried about controlling the mites before they get out of hand.

Comment

I just did this too. Just tape it or wrap it with with plastic wrap and make sure it's supported. Treat the plant normally for the next 2 weeks and it should heal by then and you should be able to remove the wrapping. I've done this a few times now and it sucks every time still. Pretty stressful the first time, especially when the plant is already huge.

Edit: I just realized it was only a fan leaf. That's no big deal, she will still grow normally.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dphipps1020; 02-16-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

quirk what mites are you talking about my good sir??Do you see any?? I don't think there's any here (yet, at least) but thanks for the heads up.
            9fingerleafs and dphipps1020, thanks guys. It's always reasuring when you guys give advice, I feel I can relax now strangely, tbh. I will keep this post updated to show how it went.
            Thanks for your time to all of you grow buds.

Comment

I used the magnifier function on my computer and spotted them in the 2 0'clock position on the fan leaf above where you topped. Then I looked around and noticed many more and also some webbing on the leaf in the 12 0'clock position.

Comment

Yikes..! I saw them too. Quick nuke them asap..!
                Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                Full auto grow
                Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I know wht you mean quirk but, though it may look like it I'm pretty sure it isn't (at least hope!) If you mean the white spots on the leaves, it was some perlite that I managed to get in there, I don't know how and I just removed every bit of it. There's a couple of bleaching spots as I wasn't careful enough to wipe the water from the leaves. About the web I can't see it anywhere but will surely keep a kean eye on them mites as I've read they can be a real problem. Thanks for the advice my man.

Edit: I checked and checked and I can't see any bugs or webs guys... I'm growing in coco that's been washed and washed again many times. All of the white "spots" were nothing but perlite as I removed them all with my fingers. And I am in a very cold climate and all of the holes in my tent are closed and the intake fan has a couple of filters. Are you sure?? Here, I'll send a couple of pics so you can see if there's more if that's ok with you but I seriously doubt it.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ADSL; 02-16-2021, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X