Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you grown an unknow strain/seed and how did it tun out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you grown an unknow strain/seed and how did it tun out?

Being my first cannabis grow, along with some known strains I bought a fem mix to keep costs minimal. I'm growing 3 plants now & 1 is from the mix. What a stubborn unruly beast. I have gardened all my life and LST is nothing new. 8 weeks in and I'm about ready to let her take her own course.
    My other 2 are flat, beautiful, bushy and growing how I planned. This thing is bushy, twisted and gnarled - hell it even has nodes turning the leaves upside down. We'll see what the final bounty is like.

Everything I've grown has been mysterious. My outdoors were random bag seeds I never got the name off. I've grown some seeds from bud I've gotten, so who knows what they actually were. Only seed I've purchased that was known, was an Early Miss Auto from crop king.

I don't mind the mystery, but can be a real pain. I'm looking forward to picking specific genetics to grow next time around

Comment

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m anxious to try my new Pacific Seed Bank order. They have an amazing collection.

• dropinbiking
      dropinbiking commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't ordered anything yet. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do for a light next round, my main light is a borrowed unit. I'm thinking of buying a bunch of autoflowers and doing a few outside on the deck this summer, and a few inside while I wait

I've had in the past some of my best plants unknown bag seed. Now when i find them in say dispensary weed i will make a note an wrap them up in that store them. But i never paid attention to them just saved them in the past. Sounds like a sativa wild gal LOL. Does it have fat or narrow leaf? I just don't like weeding out males so much but had some really strong indica in the past.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Howdy Cheffy, All of my ten grows are from 'bag seed' that I had saved over the years. The last four (including the current one) are from 'nannered' seeds from previous grows. They ave done very well for me, the last grow netted 14.664 oz of bud and 10.753 oz of trim from three plants. None of them were pretty like some 'advanced' genetics, but they ease my pain and help me to sleep, so I'm not complaining. Maybe I'm over paranoid, but I'm in an illegal state so I do not even want to try to buy seeds.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

This was a bag seed mystery girl. Flew under my radar all summer looking for the most part unremarkable until mid September when the buds just exploded.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	nancy drew.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	491063

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow thats very uniform.

Now I'm excited to see.what comes from this

Comment

SoOrbudgal - huge fat leaves. Definitely Indica. I did some serious trimming and bending a couple days ago and its looking a little better. Healthy as a horse though. Just odd looking.

Comment

Sounds like my ex-wife.

Equipment
            5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
            ———————————————————————————————————-
            1st Grow
            Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
            Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
            Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

One summer, I guess about 10 years ago, one of my outdoor mystery plants wasn't in flower in October - it grew beads instead. Ever see Dr Grinspoon from Barney's Farm growing beads? That's what this plant looked like, a throw back heirloom. The beads were a good smoke.

Comment

Can you show us a picture of your unruly mystery grow?

Comment

Popped a bag seed about 2 years ago and I did not have any equipment to bring it through a grow so I gave it to a family member who did. It is now known to us as IDK.

Best dang weed I've ever had, it always has a clone going. Here's a batch!

2X4X6 Quictent
                  1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
                  600w LED (80)
                  1000w LED (180)
                  2 X Viparspectra P-1000
                  2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
                  6" battery/usb fans
                  Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
                  GH trio with Calimagic
                  Lung room humidifier
                  3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
                  ArmorSi, kelp when needed
                  Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
                  Northern Lights auto
                  (Seedsman)
                  auto 00 Kush
                  (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
                  2x Northern lights auto
                  1 auto 00 Kush
                  1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
                  Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X