Trichomes all over fan leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichomes all over fan leaves?

I am fairly new at growing and I know mistakes were made here, but I have never had sticky fan leaves. First I took cuttings after a week into 12 hour lights of the mother. Once the clones took off I put them in my greenhouse, forgetting those lights were set to 12 hours for a week before I noticed. So I upped the lights to 16 hours. So at a foot tall they started to bud and grow single leaves. Wonky looking plants. Now the “fan” leaves are loaded with trichomes and very sticky. Any ideas as to which error caused the extra trichomes or the single fan leaves?

Definitely initiated flowering. It'll probably exhibit wonky growth while it re-vegges.
    I'd just allow it to veg long enough until somewhat 'normal' growth appears.
    Some of the trics forming on fans are a hormonal response to flowering.
    Some strains, like my cut of Prima Punch, are just covered.
    Nothing to worry about.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I agree with gbauto , definitely seems in well into flower. You should follow that good advice.
      They do look really nice, almost like a happy accident - which happens.
      Would it be possible to go straight to flower at this point if you wanted to? Perhaps not built up enough.
      I'm interested in what strain these are? So many trichs.
      Also, because I have taken cuttings from plants in flower ,
      Following this with interest for learning Happy growing!

Comment

It happened to me with outdoor reveg plants this past summer. Awful time with smoke an ash from fires which pretty much ruined the flavor, sticky could not remove.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Pnltybox
          Pnltybox commented
          Editing a comment
          Hadn’t thought about all that sticking. I guess it would

Thanks for the answers. They are now 14” tall at most and some of the biggest buds, or maybe they’re just on such a small plant. When “normal” this was a tall Sativa. It was just a seed given to use.we kept taking cuttings for several generations, but when I took these and all these mistakes were made they grew buds early to where I figured maybe it was time to let her go. She is now close to the end. Here is a pic.

Comment

• dropinbiking
          dropinbiking commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd try to flush out some of that extra nitrogen. I'm guessing you stopped feeding it already?

I had a couple of outdoor gals last year that were like that. Frost everywhere, all over the stems and leaves, but it was a real hassle to trim. Never stacked big buds or colas, just little clusters along the main stems. Folks said it was reveg, but this is how they looked from the first signs of showing sex. Mystery strain for sure. I pollinated them with my best purple indica male so we shall see what happens this spring when I start the seeds soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frosty.png
Views:	490
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	490959Click image for larger version

Name:	Frosty 2.png
Views:	475
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	490960Click image for larger version

Name:	Frosty 1.png
Views:	477
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	490961

Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          That is what mine looked like. Hated trimming

• Mazzariman
          Mazzariman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I just trimmed off the biggest leaves and left the rest. I figured why trim off heavily frosted smaller leaves. Was tasty and stony nonetheless!

Single fan leaves are usually a sign of reveg, but can sometimes just be a strange genetic, or single tip bud leaves that grew extra big for some reason. I love extra crystally fan leaves, makes for good trim.

Comment

I have started flushing.

Comment

Make hash from the trimmings

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X