need help identifying this situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help identifying this situation

Things are going well with this grow. 2 Dinafem CBD+ in a sorta scrog. There's about 50+ colas here and I;m really happy about it.

Problem is this yellow and brown leaf edge situation. It looks like light damage to me but I'm not sure.

Mega Crop at 2 gram per gallon + 1 gram Bud Explosion + Cal Mag. I lowered the Mega to 1 gram per gallon a week ago because the leaves were very dark green. No burn.

I split a gallon between the two plants every day. All the buds look strong, the plants are maturing with maybe 2 to 3 weeks left, just this leaf thing

Anyone know? I sure would love some input.

THanks
    Attached Files
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Overall, nothing major.
    What is the ec and ph of your feedstock?
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      ph is right about 6. Need to recheck EC but it;s low compared to recommended but there is significant build in the coco, needing less feed every time

Originally posted by Cronk View Post
    Things are going well with this grow. 2 Dinafem CBD+ in a sorta scrog. There's about 50+ colas here and I;m really happy about it.

Problem is this yellow and brown leaf edge situation. It looks like light damage to me but I'm not sure.

Mega Crop at 2 gram per gallon + 1 gram Bud Explosion + Cal Mag. I lowered the Mega to 1 gram per gallon a week ago because the leaves were very dark green. No burn.

I split a gallon between the two plants every day. All the buds look strong, the plants are maturing with maybe 2 to 3 weeks left, just this leaf thing

Anyone know? I sure would love some input.

THanks
    Wow! Beauty looking plants eh! You weren't kidding...that's a lot of colas!! I think you may be on to something with the light burn. Make some adjustments and see what happens. I was reading the GWE copper deficiency page and I couldn't rule that out either. You mentioned that the leaves darkened, the copper deficiency page mentions this may happen with a copper deficiency. Looking real good though, home stretch time!!
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never had copper def. with this method and mix but I'll look into it, thanks

Good morning Cronk i think you did right with lowering the Mega crop dose. I've not used mega crop for awhile i ran out never reordered. It's very potent may even want to lower frequency an go with just a plain Ph water a couple times. Just a thought?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it generally works great up to a few weeks before harvest then it's too much. It;s so easy, though. alternating might be a good idea, thanks

You are Welcome Cronk i really liked it when i had it
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

doesn't look like light damage at all. How big are the pots? they could be root bound. I would just make sure you are not overwatering and at this stage in the game I would just stop adding nutes and see what happens.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        5 gallon pots.

Im sure you know your environment and equipement so i dont think its thats. Looks like a pottasium deficiency, maybe the ratio of nutrients is low on pottasium or high in something thats locking out the pottasium, like nitrogen or calcium (they usually come together)

Comment

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        The Mega Crop builds up nitrogen near the end, since it;s an all in one formula, so if that could cause potassium problems I guess it;s possible. Cal Mag in every watering, Should I back off? maybe I should just do water for a week and see. I hate to deprive the buds at this point though

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think you can change anything this far into flowering. Maybe for the next round just take into consideration reducing the calmag or maybe even a bit of bloom boost starting on the second week of flowering up until week 6. Depends on your regimen and ec. But your plants look perfect and you should be able to ride till harvest with very little nutrients if any. Perhaps the buds could have gotten a bit fatter but not better, they are on point

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I have 2-3 weeks left so I expect the buds to fatten up at the end. They always do, hope this time isn't different. I'm starting with just water now, I think you;re right, there's enough in the coco and plants to carry them

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X