• Show
Clear All

Are these girls or 2 early yet

Well are these girls or is it to early to tell
    5x5 tent
    2000 watt Aglex cob series
    Mars SP250
    Six inch carbon filter
    Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Too early still

Comment

The first pic looks like a lady. Can't tell yet for the last two. I'm also waiting for mine to show. I need room and need to ditch a couple so they better get going. One week into flower and only one of four is obvious.

Good luck!

Comment

I haven't flipped yet still on 18 hrs light. Might wait another week bit of training then flip maybe 2 not sure yet lol
        5x5 tent
        2000 watt Aglex cob series
        Mars SP250
        Six inch carbon filter
        Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

Looks like ladies to me.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I'm afraid it looks like a male, but still too early.

Comment

I see maybe, maybe one girl, but then a bit too early to tell the reason why I use just feminized seeds.
              Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Howdy Nute, The gender of the plants will not show on photo period plants until one to two weeks after the 12/12 switch. I don't know about autos as I have not grown any of them. I have not seen any signs of the gender of the plants that I have grown until after the switch.
                Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• RetiredGuy
                  RetiredGuy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No problem, Farmbuck had his plants in Veg for a longer than normal period. This is probably why his showed the sex before the switch.

• dphipps1020
                  dphipps1020 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not entirely true. They will show sex when they're ready to flip, even if you haven't switched to 12/12. I have had many plants show sex before the switch but it takes anywhere from 6-10 weeks from sprout, depending on the genetics. Some take even longer than that.

• Farmbuck
                  Farmbuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  RetiredGuy and DW2

Growing feminized photos for a longer period of time in veg like 8 weeks or longer I had always seeing on my girls the famous 2 hair pistils so I don't want to argue but maybe it's because of a long period of vegetation stage. I believe it's call pre-flowering.

Now some may say they never saw it before the switch but here goes my question: Do you veg them longer than 6 wks, do you grow autos and so on...

Base on my experience with feminized ones is I always saw it in a later date (7-9 wks) near the top of the plant.

Also I do grow once in a while some regular beans and I notice that the male tend to be taller than the female plant at a early stage . Well is what I saw with my last Lebanese's grow.

Or maybe it's my instinct to look for it around that period.

In some of my previous threads I posted a few pic of my plants during the so-called "pre-flower" explained by so many sites including here : https://www.growweedeasy.com/preflow...le-pre-flowers

Cheers,

FarmBuck
                  Last edited by Farmbuck; 02-14-2021, 05:39 PM.

Notice the "2 white hair pistils" near the top of the plant. Even a couple of them, this was taken just a few weeks ago before the "switch" yesterday February 13, 2021.
                Last edited by Farmbuck; 02-14-2021, 05:41 PM.
                Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                Full auto grow
                Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Yeah I have jolly rancher gelato show hairs in 18/6 at 5 weeks from seed. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210211_134237.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	490653
                  I couldn't tell you how happy I was. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210211_134004.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	490654
                  4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
                  1x Slapz
                  1x Quikz
                  2x red runtz
                  1x flo-see
                  1x 2B blunt
                  1x persian pie

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X