Plants went from kicking ass to struggling, need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Plants went from kicking ass to struggling, need some advice

Would love some thoughts on how to fix the issues I started encountering. Plants suddenly have been drooping continuously and lower leaves have started to to yellow and even a few have become dry. Some factors that may be contributing: been watering a bit more, but soil seems fairly dry; just got colder around here, so the overnight lows are creating a larger range of temps(see pic); on the second week of nutrient trio(big bloom at half strength); first time using these terractotta pots. Any ideas? I feel like the plants are going to die if I don't fix this soon. Just started using a humidifier to attempt to fix the humidity.
    I read the help section of the site, but a little overwhelmed at all of the different things this resembles.
    Thank you!

They look to be overwatered and the rh is really low as well as the low temp. The overwatering is a maybe and the other two are what's causing the droop and nutrient problems. Anything under 60°f is going to at least cause slow growth, the low rh will cause the water in the leaves to evaporate to quick and leave the nutes behind in the leaves
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• DutchTreatMaster
      DutchTreatMaster commented
      Editing a comment
      appreciate the feedback. Helps me focus my attempts to fix the issues.
      Do you think it would be a terrible idea to switch to 24 hours of light to keep the heat up?
      The light is on 18/6 now, and I wish I had started with the light on in the night and off during the day. I don't have many good options to keep it the basement warm without making the house like 80 degrees.
      Should I trim the leaves that are turning yellow?

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      If that's what you have to do i know people do 24 without a problem. I've just never thought it was good because plants need rest. Imo a small heater would be better

Agree with the above.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I hate terracotta pots, those miserable things were all my father bought when I grew up in So CA. They soak up and hold everything and crust up. Spent many year with those. Get some fabric pots. They air root prune (no roots wrapping around) and it’s hard to overwater because they help the soil dry out faster. Mine are in 7 gallon on risers. I’m doing living soil so I want all nutrients to stay in the pot. Therefore I remove the risers to water and once the runoff in the saucers wicks back into the pot I return the risers which speeds drying out.

Environment: Mine are in an unheated, uninsulated metal shop here in the Pacific NW and all week long its been in the 20s and my tent is maintaining mid 70s. I started the grow at the beginning of October and quickly found I wasn’t keeping temps and rh where they needed to be. I struggled for nearly 2 months to get a working system and my plants were shocked and stunted. Before the milkhouse heater temps plummeted and I was afraid I would loose them, they looked terrible.

My working setup:
      AC Infinity T8 fan and carbon filter maintains consistent environment when things get too high. I know thats not what these fan are for but it works awesome.
      • HT = 86
      • LT = off
      • HH = 51%
      • LH = off
      750w oil filled radiator with Inkbird temp controller
      • Maintains the main temp without drying out the air.
      • sits in front of the only air inlet window I have partially open. This allows the cold air to be heated as it enters the tent.
      • Temp = 80 today (I adjust this between 75-80 depending if temps outside drop below 40)
      1500w milkhouse heater with Inkbird temp controller
      • Maintains bottom temp and can quickly prevent lows from happening.
      • sits right next to the radiator in one corner
      • Temp = 73 today (I adjust this between 69-73 depending if temps outside drop below 40)
      Foor oscillating fan
      • blows air around heaters and plants.
      • sits on the other side of the radiator in other corner
      Upper clip on fan
      • Blows heat down

The two Ink-bird controllers, ACI controller’s sensors and a Govee Bluetooth hygrometer all hang banded together above the canopy.
      Rh is usually not a problem here in the great north-WET, but on occasion when it drops low I either water or place some in the saucers to evaporate and that puts it right.

Believe me this was not planned from the start and many were a “scramble too” situation. But as I mentioned it all works great now.
      This is it after I spent an afternoon reorganizing all the equipment and wiring that was all over the place.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B756EEAE-93BE-4BA1-B6F7-92313A8D2F75.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	490244Click image for larger version  Name:	B76C4702-5C41-4A56-9914-D9FF2E961386.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	137.8 KB ID:	490248
      Click image for larger version  Name:	A0E3F847-0252-4269-B93B-F244D1155092.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	116.8 KB ID:	490249
      Click image for larger version  Name:	462DA091-7A97-4FC7-B503-62C4FD89F5F6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	201.5 KB ID:	490250
      I’m on a 12/12 flowering, end of 6 weeks today.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6285C088-FDDC-4CBC-8203-5AD61D1BE8AF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	221.2 KB ID:	490247Click image for larger version  Name:	C58135EB-B484-465C-B00E-736E12260478.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	137.4 KB ID:	490246Click image for larger version  Name:	E145FF63-1A5C-4EFA-A860-7B2C77D5AAC0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	296.2 KB ID:	490245

This image is on my phone and I access it at each stage to set equipment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	66ADBA7A-B9A5-4EC7-9459-8B6A5BF44E2A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	227.7 KB ID:	490251Click image for larger version  Name:	F2926DD0-16CE-4434-90D5-486DFCCC2E92.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.44 MB ID:	490252
      Last edited by MrPNW; 02-13-2021, 02:24 PM.

Equipment
      5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
      ———————————————————————————————————-
      1st Grow
      Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
      Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
      Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

• DutchTreatMaster
        DutchTreatMaster commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea. Tent is on the basement floor. Will look into that. Leaves perking up a bit with the warmer temp since slowing the exhaust fan and aiming the top circulation fan down.
        Ordered an inkbird to control the humidifier. Looks like a cool little device. Excited to see how it works out.

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah they make all kinds of controllers. I originally bought the wifi version only to find out my shop is a faraday cage and my signal is dead in there. The second one I got for the milkhouse heater is not wifi. Besides my govee sensor lets me know what’s going on with Bluetooth. Just prior to getting the milkhouse heater our weather plummeted one night and was too much for the radiator. My plants all droop and stunted in growth from that shock. It took many weeks to fully recover.
        My exhaust fan only comes on when temp and rh hit their high number, it seems to do the trick and brings in the right amount of fresh air. The controller settings can appear confusing but I found a great YouTube video explaining it well. Sense mine are only hooked to heathers I really didn’t need to worry about the cooling settings. However my shop can get hot in the summer so I’m sure I’ll be learning what works when I hook up an AC. I have a small one portable one we used for our camping trailer I will use.

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        Video on Inkbird with humidifier and DH. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1E29GHruRY

Word of advice, use the GWE diagnostic chart, it saved my butt. I would work on the most notable issue first, if that didn’t work move to the next. Just don’t rush to try to do too many different things at once, since you might be undoing something that doesn’t need fixing.

Go at it systematically.
      https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...-flowchart.jpg

Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...

https://www.growweedeasy.com/5-step-...owing-problems

Equipment
      5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
      ———————————————————————————————————-
      1st Grow
      Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
      Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
      Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X