Leaf trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Leaf trouble

Looked at a couple sources, but not entirely sure I found the right answer. Leaves are getting this rusty look to them. Not all girls are experiencing this, and just a few leaves per plant in most cases. THese are Money Maker, and Jack Herer. (JH looks like it's gonna be a doozie!). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Using Fox Farm: 4 tbs. each Grow Big and Big Bloom, 1 tsp. each Microbe Brew, Root Drench, CalMag, and Open Sesame. Ph is around 5.5. Buckets with 4.5 gallons water.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DougWIlson; 02-13-2021, 10:02 AM.

I'm thinkin it could be to much phosphorus because of the clawed leaves, this causes a calmag deficiency and looks the same. Here's the G Cervantes pic that I can never read but if you go to this link the site blew it up where you can read it good just scroll down about halfway it's perfectly legible. Anyways checkout excess phosphorus

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

PH 5.5 is the low end of the target range for hydro. Ideally you should let it fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5. If you are constantly at 5.5 this could be part of the problem.

Comment

DougWIlson , I agree with RetiredGuy, the pH is too low, if it stays at that level. The nutrients are absorbed at varying pH levels and (I have found) the pH needs to vary as the nutrients are taken up by the plants, When I mix up the nutrients for a reservoir change and feed, I keep the mix (and fill water) at 6.0 pH. I do not 'chase' the pH level up and down, I let it vary and only adjust it if for some reason it gets out of range. Also check the water temperature, it should be between 62° F and 70° F (I use ice bottles as needed), block out ALL light leaks into the reservoir as brown algae (AKA root rot) can start growing and can cause damage to the plants that resembles deficiencies.
        good luck in Your growing.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks you guys, I appreciate the feedback. THis is my 2nd grow, last time I didn't have these issues, but I guess all strains don't react the same. For instance, the JH doesn't seem to be affected, but the money maker is stunted and has the brownish spots. Water change tomorrow, I'll adjust the Ph up. Thanks again!

Comment

PH is way too low if it’s been at 5.5 for a long time. You need to get it up to around 6.2-6.5 for a week and see what changes take place. I’ve added 2 pics below....keep these handy and refer to them when checking the plants.

In hydro you need to check for 3 things every day:
            pH
            PPM or EC
            Water level

What is your feed schedule? How often do you do a full reservoir change with fresh nutes?
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X