Canna butter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canna butter

I have been making canna butter using the GWE recipe and refining my technique. I had some trouble getting a good return of butter. I stopped using filter and only use strainer. Much better return. I don't mind a little weed in my butter, I only make oatmeal cookies with it. This time while I waited for it to strain I boiled more water and poured it over strained material into separate bowl. I got about 20% more in second bowl. Nice.

I never use anything finer that a kitchen strainer to filter out plant material. What I do additionally is wash the hot butter with fresh water. After you let the butter cool and solidify to separate it from the original water, add more almost boiling water, stir, let sit to separate, repeat 3-4 times. The solids tend to collect in the water. After the last wash, I separate the butter fat and let it settle. any remaining extremely fine solids will sink to the bottom. Just skim off the butter with a ladle. Clear all the time.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, I will give it a try. just made some. Thanks

Is the purpose of soy lecithin in this recipe to act as an emulsifier to break down the cannabis resin so it better mixes with the oil/butter?

Cannabis-infused capsules are a perfect DIY project for anybody looking for a safe, inexpensive, and relatively simple at-home infusion.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X