Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New grower - need guidance (coco coir, autoflowers, mini-tent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower - need guidance (coco coir, autoflowers, mini-tent)

Hello community!

I started my first grow a few weeks ago using tons of wonderful instructions and advice found on the Growweedeasy website, so thanks for that! I had four seedlings that were 3 weeks old, but very stunted. Someone on another forum diagnosed them as dead (overdrowned they said, there was yellowing and they were tiny. Someone else thought they were starving for nutes. Who knows what really happenend.). I'm still taking care of them for the practice, but just started germinating a new batch of seeds in the paper towel method to try again.

Now I've been doing tons of reading, everything I find online is different for different set ups and stuff. I thought I would list my exact items/set up and hopefully one of you brilliant experts can walk me through what to do in the first week of sprout so I don't mess them up again.

Using coco coir: Growstone GPGS3 Soil, 1.5 Cubic Feet Coco Mix, Brown/A (from amazon)
    General hydroponics: gro, micro and bloom. Also Calimagic.
    Fan: AC infinity Cloudline S4
    Light: HLG 100 Rspec Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom | High-Efficiency Upgraded LM301B LED's

I pH my water using a kit, but don't have an EC monitor. I use 1 gallon fabric pots, have a really small tent so trying to keep them small, and do not want to transplant, but plant directly into them once the taproot is long enough.

I think my biggest questions are as follows, but any step by step idiot-proof guidance would be much appreciated: What, if any, nutrients do I water the pot in before planting? How often do I water then? How much water do I use? And when to use nutrients and when not to?

I really just need help getting them through the first few crucial weeks. Thank you all so much for reading and for helping out.

Hello and welcome to the GWE forum. What size is the tent? The light is real nice i think i read it draws 95watts from the wall? I don't use nutes on seeds nor seedlings for the first month. I mix my own soil and recycle old soil. How are going to germinate the seeds?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

If you are using coir you should start adding nutrients right away as that medium has no nutrients in it. there are guides on the main site for watering and coir grows. There is also a nutrient schedule for the GH Trio but make sure you download the right one as one is for soil/coir and the other for hydroponic.

Make sure your temps are between 23C and 27C and humidity around 40%. Get a proper PH meter...you can find a good one online for under $15 that does the job fine. just make sure every other watering is just properly PH'd water and make sure the pot has dried out a bit before you water (first 2 inches of topsoil).

In 1 gallon pots you may run into root issues as they mature so be aware that potentially could screw up your grows. I recommend minimum of 3 gallon pots.. I'm actually growing in some now. I was using 5 gallon but I wanted to see how well 3 gallon would work. My girls are doing just fine and are no more than 18 inches tall. You get much smaller yields but that's okay with me because it's more of a hobby than anything. \|i don't consume large amounts so 2 grows per year suit me just fine.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Catfish22
        Catfish22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a note, there is now a GWE nute schedule for GH Trio in coco for autos!
        I don't have a link, search GWE for auto flower in coco and it will be the first topic I think. Not much different than photo schedule but Nebula must have felt it was better or I don't think she would post it.

Welcome, bunny
      I normally grow in hydro, but I did set up a 3x3 low-tide f/d tray in a 4x4 tent running coco/perlite in a dtw system.
      I use this for pheno hunts, so I only veg the plants for a few weeks to get them to about 6 nodes in #1 pots, top them back to the 3rd node(using the cutting for a clone) and flip them to flower to sex them.
      After they show sex and I cull the males, the females are transplanted to 3 gal bags and finished to see what we have.
      Coco is a hydro system-it MUST be fed from the start.
      Your nutes and controls should be fine.
      The fixture you have will flower about 4 sq ft of canopy, so plan accordingly.
      These are my current testers-this is after only letting them veg for a couple of weeks.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X