Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training

Need some help guys
    can someone show me examples of lst or mainline training I need to start with these gals
    5x5 tent
    2000 watt Aglex cob series
    Mars SP250
    Six inch carbon filter
    Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Yes Nute, it's time! Long subject though. First I strongly suggest you review Nebula's Tutorials on LST and manifold training. That's where I started but it is becoming a specialty for me. I'm finding it to be one of the most rewarding parts of my grow. First off you will be sure you have 6 nodes growing and then comes the most emotional part for me and that was you will top above the third node (leave at least 1/2 inch of stem above the 3rd node to prevent the trunk from splitting. It will heal in a day) and remove everything below it. It will feel like major surgery because it really is. You plants will now look tiny and naked but trust me, it's OK! You will be amazed that the 2 remaining branches which will be your main beams, will thicken and grow outward. Watch it daily and as it grows, start to stake or tie it down with twist ties so it remains level as it grows out. Let it go out until the 4th node on each side is strong and then top to the 3rd. Then remove all growth from node 2. this leaves nodes 1 and 3 which means you have 4 branches on each side or 8 total new tops on your plant. As Nebula says some people go further by growing out to the 6th node before topping to the 5th and removing 2 and 4 making 6 branches on each side which is what I did. That's 12 tops per plant. This requires a lot of space in your tent! I have 3 plants in a 30x48x62 space and it's gonna get a little crowded in there. That's about it unless. like me, you now add some LST training to the mix and start staking or tying the side growths down to make them spread out before turning up to gain height. Not necessary but it does give more space between the now cola tops which allows better light penetration along with a nice flat canopy.

I'm going to try to attach some pics here and forgive me if I sometimes have a little trouble keeping them in order and some times one will pop in at the top of the post for no reason. Bare with me... I'm on here often now so when you have questions, feel free to ask. Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210108_153321_5103.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	360.4 KB
ID:	489465Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210204_105306_8081.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	489466Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210205_093451_6692.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	489467Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210208_110022_8890.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	1,023.6 KB
ID:	489468Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210208_105940_9209 (1).jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	1,010.4 KB
ID:	489469Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210210_083544_4089.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	948.5 KB
ID:	489470
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Follow the stem, find the end. Click image for larger version Name: 20190412_213040.jpg Views: 1 Size: 1.02 MB ID: 304570 Fruit cake punch #B day 19 of flower flip.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Only other experience I can offer would be to base your training techniques on how each plant is growing.
        If it's stretchy, topping and lst works really well to spread out the canopy.
        If the plants are squat with tight node spacing, it tough to really do much to them.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Good looking grow.

Comment

For LST you'd just bend the main stalk over and tie it down to the side of the pot. All the smaller shoots will grow up towards the light and become main stems. And then you'd rotate things around the pot to keep the canopy even. Supercropping can help with that too. For your grow though I'd just let it ride and top when needed they're already looking bushy enough IMO.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X